Press release I just got:

NoteworthyPR

(518) 852-1591

Phanart: The Art of the Fans of Phish Publishing Party

Timely Book Launch Coincides with Announcement of Phish Reunion Shows

Albany, New York, January 23, 2009- Revolution Hall and Guthrie/Bell Productions present Phanart: The Art of the Fans of Phish book publishing party, featuring live entertainment by Phish tribute band The Flow, and the popular YouTube sensation the The McLovins, on Saturday, February 7, 2009, at the Revolution Hall, 425 River Street, Troy, New York.

The book publishing party couldn't be timelier. The beloved rock band Phish announced early this January 2009, their plans to reunite, scheduling a series of summer concerts across the country. To get in the spirit of the upcoming Phish touring season, "phans" can get a glimpse into memories past during the launch party for the book Phanart: The Art of the Fans of Phish, a 420-page coffee table picture book, compiled and edited by Pete Mason, a special education teacher from Albany, NY.

Mason, with the help of the Phish Community, has spent over four years collecting and compiling 1600 pieces of fan-created, Phish-related art, including shirts, posters, paintings, stickers, license plates, and other unique fan-creations for the book Phanart. The book also includes over 40 essays, interviews with members of the Phish community, and numerous trips down memory lane. Phanart stands to be one of the most unique and original creations that exhibit the talents of the Phish fan community.

The book, published by Zenbu Media, will be available for $59.95 at the February 7 publishing party at Revolution Hall and online at http://www.phanart.net.

All net proceeds from sales of the book are being donated to the Mockingbird Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Phish fans in 1996, to generate charitable proceeds to programs to support music education for children throughout the United States. Further details about the Mockingbird Foundation may be found at http://wwwmbird.org.

The publishing party will be kicked off with music by Phish tribute band The Flow and the YouTube teen cover band sensation The McLovins. For more information about The Flow visit: http://flowphish.tripod.com/. For more information about The McLovins visit: http://www.myspace.com/mclovinit and

Revolution Hall doors will open at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available for $10.00 in advance and $12.00 day of show. For ticketing and event details visit www.revolutionhall.com or call the Revolution Hall box office at (518) 274-0553.

For more information about "Phanart: The Art of the Fans of Phish" visit http://www.phanart.net. For additional press materials and jpegs, or to arrange an interview, please contact Franesa Pyle at NoteworthyPR at Franesa@noteworthyPR.com or (518) 852-1591.

###

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ticket request was denied. heres to scoring tickets on saturday for the 6/21 alpine show...

Well I know you want pavilion seating at Alpine maybe more than any other venue, but that lawn is huge. I would be shocked if you can't get into the venue. Good luck, either way!

Guest Gym Teacher Man
I also got denied for Alpine. Ah well. I kind of want lawn seats...I've never had a bad time on that lawn!

i won't mind lawn either. i've never seen them. period. so i don't care where i am as long as i can hear it.

Nah, not at Alpine...that place is plenty loud!

Well it's been a good 10 years since I've seen a show there so maybe they've improved it. But I've seen dozens of shows there (including many Phish shows) and there is no venue I'd rather NOT be on the lawn than Alpine. Well maybe Fiddler's Green in Denver, but you can have crappy sound in the pavilion there too.

Possibly. I'm sure there are areas on the hill where the sound is patchy, but the beautiful thing about lawn seats is that you can always move. :)

I've been there at least once a summer since the early 90s, and been on the lawn more often than not; never really noticed much of a problem with sound. Well, some muddiness, certainly, but never volume...I remember arriving late for a Phish show once and we could hear every note from the far end of the parking lot. :lol

Anyone else trying to buy tickets off LiveNation and having the worst time ever?

I tried via tixmast for Asheville and was on right at 10am, and they were gone ASAP.

Shut Out.

I MAY try tomorrow for Knoxville only because my understanding is there are more tickets

available for there than were to Asheville.

I am remembering why I was so burned out on this band by the end, the last go-round. Shows selling out immediately. Tickets on ebay/clist for 5x face value. Ugh.

Yeah I hear ya. Live nation is worse than ticketmaster if that is possible. Had tickets up credit card info in then it timed out! :hmm

Phish On-Sales Tax Live Nation's Ticketing System

January 30, 2009 06:13 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Ticket sales for the upcoming tour by the reunited Phish exploded today (Jan. 30), with all shows selling out in minutes and severely testing Live Nation's new ticketing system.

"We sold out everywhere we went on sale," Phish agent Chip Hooper at Paradigm tells Billboard.com. "We put up two Jones Beaches, a Camden, N.J., an Asheville, N.C., Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Indianapolis. Every show sold out very quickly."

But the blogosphere was blistering with frustrated fans unable to get tickets on the new LiveNation.com ticketing system, which seemed to crack under the strain of the massive demand.

"We're really excited about the response," Hooper says. "This was a uniquely high-demand situation, so I'm not surprised that the system was taxed to the max. They probably got a million hits in the first minute."

Phish returns to live duty March 7-9 in Hampton, Va. The summer tour begins June 4 at Jones Beach in Wantagh, N.Y.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Me too! SO excited.

my friends and i just got tickets for the 6/21 show. i'm fucking pumped.

so does anyone have any phish shows they want to trade or something?

• 2 weeks later...