• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may check that out. I started to buy a Phish book once. I can't recall the name of it though.

The Phish Book? Pharmer's Almanac?

I may have 2 extras to the Knoxville, TN show in June. It's the day before Bonnaroo. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll doublecheck with the people I've already offered them to. I got them directly from Phish, so I won't have them until May when they mail them out, but I don't need the money until the show. My word is bond.

ONLINE TICKET BROKERAGE

Phish fans say T-rider burned them

Police investigate online fraud

By REILLY CAPPS

Writer

Telluride Daily Planet

Published: Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:19 PM CST

You could call this Phishing for Phish fans.

More than a dozen Phish fans were outraged Thursday when an online ticket broker with ties to Telluride told them he couldn

Anyone here going to Hampton the weekend? I hope everyone behaves. Apparently Red Rocks is waiting to see how Hampton plays out before allowing Phish to confirm Red Rocks.

Have there been issues with Phish in the past at Red Rocks?

Have there been issues with Phish in the past at Red Rocks?

Typical local news reporting, but you'll get the gist. Four-night run with a lot of chaos:

If the Red Rocks goes down I do believe mountain bed has a hat to eat, too.

Typical local news reporting, but you'll get the gist. Four-night run with a lot of chaos:

If the Red Rocks goes down I do believe mountain bed has a hat to eat, too.

I guess I forgot about that. I didn't realize they haven't played there since 96. I would think Red Rock's has recovered. Has Trey played any solo gigs there?

If the Red Rocks goes down I do believe mountain bed has a place to stay at my house, too.

:cheekkiss

The night that all went down in Morrison, no one had any idea what was going on. The next night, after the third show, I was hanging with the band and suggested, when they said they would never be allowed back at Red Rocks, that they should play Col. Forbin's. Since Red Rocks is essentially built into the side of a mountain, I felt it would be appropriate. They agreed and played it. My claim to fame.

The night that all went down in Morrison, no one had any idea what was going on. The next night, after the third show, I was hanging with the band and suggested, when they said they would never be allowed back at Red Rocks, that they should play Col. Forbin's. Since Red Rocks is essentially built into the side of a mountain, I felt it would be appropriate. They agreed and played it. My claim to fame.

VEry cool story..

If you aren't aware the Phish thoughts blog is doing a no spoilers post of the show supposedly an hour after the show ends. You'll be able to download the show with no track titles. I'm getting very excited, wish I could be in Virginia right about now.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
If you aren't aware the Phish thoughts blog is doing a no spoilers post of the show supposedly an hour after the show ends. You'll be able to download the show with no track titles. I'm getting very excited, wish I could be in Virginia right about now.

link?

I just got an email saying LivePhish.com will be giving away free mp3 downloads of all three shows!

Yup was just coming in here to post that. More info:

Free Live Phish MP3 Downloads of Hampton Shows!

Says Trey Anastasio, "We really wanted to show our gratitude to all the Phish fans for their support and the overwhelming response they've had to these shows. It's going to be an amazing celebration and we only wish everybody could be there," Phish will be recording the Hampton shows in a mobile multitrack studio, and mixing the shows overnight for immediate delivery on LivePhish.com. 256kbps MP3s will be available for free download for a limited time. FLACs and CDs are also available.

totally forgot about the reunion. don't really listen to the band anymore, but still keep up with the happenings. two of my old phish/dead touring buddies are heading out to the shows. it's the first time any of us actually went to a run of shows with money for a nice hotel room etc. :dancing

the fact that the boys are releasing the shows immediately makes me think that they are practicing their asses off. i know trey and page want to sound good. the 'no spoilers' thing is also so cool. can't wait to listen!

"...was it for this my life I sought?"

A nice piece in today's NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/05/arts/mus...ref=todayspaper

from it:

Late last year the four band members came together, by themselves, to make music in Mr. Anastasio’s Burlington barn and studio. They liked what they heard. And they resolved to be the version of Phish they prized most: the intently practiced, well-prepared Phish from the mid-90s. They started their Vermont rehearsals not with their countryish three-chord songs but with their intricate, suitelike songs that verge on progressive rock, like “Split Open and Melt” and “Foam.” Although Phish has recorded demo versions of 20 songs for its next album, only one is likely to be heard this weekend: “Backwards Down the Number Line,” a fond birthday song that asks, “Do you know why we’re still friends?”

and I like this one too,

He also has another mission in mind. As a longtime fan of Depression-era swing bands, he has been thinking about Phish’s role in the current recession. “For people in hard times, we can play long shows of pure physical pleasure,” he said. “They come to dance and forget their troubles. It’s like a service commitment.”
Guest Gym Teacher Man

i heard Backwards Down the Number Line on a trey solo show i downloaded (with mike). it's pretty cool. i'll be interested to hear that one.

as for an opener, i'll say...

Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove