Damn, you're good.

Wtf is "Toyota Park? If that's the World Amphitheatre that place is a king-hell shit hole.

http://www.toyotapark.com/

Never saw a show there. One of Clapton's Crossroads shows was there a few years back. He put it out on DVD in case you might of seen it.

DEFINITELY not the World...I am not even sure what they are calling World these days.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put in my request for three of the red rocks shows. I really really want to go, so if you guys could do something about it that would be awesome.

I only put in a request for one ticket for each show. Hopefully I will get at least one day.

I'm putting in an order for all four nights at red rocks, as is my girlfriend and two other people i know. If somehow we wind up with extras I'll offer em up here first.

So excited.

By the way i've been to toyota park, it sucks.

I saw CSNY there, its the ugliest venue on the face of the other. It's also very hard to see the stage from the center of the lawn, which forces everyone to cram the right and left sides.

I'll go to Hartford or SPAC. I didn't look to carefully at the dates, depends on which one is on a weekend. I'd rather do that than the crazy overpriced "Dead" shows. Of course, we'll have to see how it interacts with summer northeast Wilco shows!

I'm putting in an order for all four nights at red rocks, as is my girlfriend and two other people i know. If somehow we wind up with extras I'll offer em up here first.

So excited.

By the way i've been to toyota park, it sucks.

I saw CSNY there, its the ugliest venue on the face of the other. It's also very hard to see the stage from the center of the lawn, which forces everyone to cram the right and left sides.

Opps my mistake, thought toyota center was the place in Tinely Park, which this place is not.

Don't know anyone around here who got Red Rocks tix. Weird.

Anyone seen these kids? McLovins (14, 15, 16 year olds). Not bad for a few kids-

YEM:

Harry Hood:

Thanks Lammy, that was awesome.

Man, sometimes videos like that really bum me out. It's one thing to get discouraged when my favorite guitar players put my guitar skills to shame. When it's someone half my age? Ugh.

Don't know anyone around here who got Red Rocks tix. Weird.

Anyone seen these kids? McLovins (14, 15, 16 year olds). Not bad for a few kids-

YEM:

Harry Hood:

Anyone who gets in this thread that doesn't take a few minutes to click on these links is missing out. One of the coolest things on youtube I've ever seen.

Anyone who gets in this thread that doesn't take a few minutes to click on these links is missing out. One of the coolest things on youtube I've ever seen.

Well that's just impressive and downright depressing to a hack guitarist like myself. "The McLovins"! Even the drummer has got mad skills for someone his age. I would just quit school and start touring if I was that good.

Well that's just impressive and downright depressing to a hack guitarist like myself. "The McLovins"! Even the drummer has got mad skills for someone his age. I would just quit school and start touring if I was that good.

what's amazing about these dudes is that there are three of them in the same town who actually 'get' music at that age. it took me years to develop any real musical sense on guitar. they are great, and i love that they don't have a keyboard player. that would lead to cheese i'm sure.

• 1 month later...
Phish Releases 13 Minute 'Elastic' Single

Phish

May 27, 2009 09:50 AM ET

Michael D. Ayers, N.Y.

Days before Phish is set to embark on their 2009 summer reunion tour, the jam-band released "Time Turns Elastic" yesterday (May 26) on iTunes. The track is taken from a forthcoming, untitled album due July 28 that sees the band reteaming with famed producer Steve Lillywhite, who they previously worked with on 1996's "Billy Breathes."

Unconfirmed Internet rumors suggest a few possible titles: "Party Time" and "Light (Yellow)." Bassist Mike Gordon also said via his hotline that one of the original, shortlisted titles was "The Best Fucking Phish Album Ever!" Gordon said the title reflects "the intention" the band had for the album and adds that he thinks the new record is "pretty slammin'."

The release of "Time Turns Elastic" also marks the band's first recorded output since 2004's "Undermind" and will come out on their own JEMP Records, which since 2005 has served as an archival, live release label. While the song is yet to be properly played in a live setting as Phish, lead guitarist Trey Anastasio has been exploring it in another context.

"Time Turns Elastic" was co-written by Anastasio with composer Don Hart, and the two have performed it with a classical orchestra on September 27, 2008 in Nashville and in Baltimore last week (May 21). An orchestral version of "Time Turns Elastic" that features Anastasio and the Northwest Sinfonia is due June 9 and is available for pre-order on the Phish website.

After nearly five years apart, the band returned to the stage at the Hampton Coliseum in early March 2009, when they debuted another new song, "Backwards Down The Number Line." Next week marks Phish's first formal tour since 2004. The band will kick off the trek at Fenway Park this Sunday (May 31) and have scheduled multiple night runs throughout the summer at outdoor venues like Jones Beach, Red Rocks, Alpine Valley, the Gorge, and headlining two nights of Bonnaroo.

Really like the music, not a fan of the echoing vocal. Is it just me or has Trey really changed the way the he sings post break up?