• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think there's gonna be a "100th" album that is the killer......

This is it. Why else would they have stopped at 99, too bad the 100th album is:

ELP-PaaE.jpg

notice how it looks like the gallery of albums.

I can't see the gallery on my computer at work. Which albums are left?

Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street & Sticky Fingers / The Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime / Van Halen Van Halen / Television - Marquee Moon / Springsteen - Born to Run / Sabbath - Paranoid / Pink Floyd - The Wall/ The Clash - London Calling/ Boston - Boston/ Modern Lovers - Modern Lovers / Radiohead - Kid A/David Bowie - Hunky Dory & Ziggy Stardust/ Nirvana - Nevermind/ Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway/ T Rex - Electric Warrior/ Prince - Purple Rain/ Jacko - Thriller/ Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland/ Yes - The Yes Album/ Frank Zappa - Apostrophe (')/ Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin/ Elton John - Goodbye Yellowbrick Road/King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic/ Neil Young - Tonight's the Night/Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority/ Brian Eno - Before and After Science/ Van Morrison - Astral Works/ Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic/ Ac/Dc - Back in Black/ MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Guest Runaway Jim

Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street & Sticky Fingers / The Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime / Van Halen Van Halen / Television - Marquee Moon / Springsteen - Born to Run / Sabbath - Paranoid / Pink Floyd - The Wall/ The Clash - London Calling/ Boston - Boston/ Modern Lovers - Modern Lovers / Radiohead - Kid A/David Bowie - Hunky Dory & Ziggy Stardust/ Nirvana - Nevermind/ Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway/ T Rex - Electric Warrior/ Prince - Purple Rain/ Jacko - Thriller/ Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland/ Yes - The Yes Album/ Frank Zappa - Apostrophe (')/ Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin/ Elton John - Goodbye Yellowbrick Road/King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic/ Neil Young - Tonight's the Night/Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority/ Brian Eno - Before and After Science/ Van Morrison - Astral Works/ Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic/ Ac/Dc - Back in Black/ MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

A lot of good stuff there. Almost all of it would be pretty cool. I'd be most interested to hear them do Nevermind, Goodbye Yellowbrick Road and Born to Run, even though those are not albums that I'm all that big into.

I really hope they don't do Thriller.

didnt they tease thriller back when they did Quadrophenia? If I remember right, the rumor leading up to that show was that they were going to do Thriller. I think they teased it for a few seconds before I Am The Sea as a fakeout.

Logged on and refreshed right at 11am for MSG. Selected 1 ticket since I figured that was my best shot. I get through. Wait time is 3 mins. And then it continues to update so that wait time is now 4 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins. Then back down. And I get through.

My single ticket is behind the stage. The only single ticket in the entire joint is, apparently, behind the stage. I gave up the ticket. Closed the window. And remembered why this band was so tough to love towards the end, last go-round. It's not their fault, I know. Just my rant for the day. Thanks for listening.

I don't really hold it against a band, but man that is obnoxious. Kind of slap in the face that they even sell behind-the-stage seats, isn't it?

Yeah i dont hold it against the band, but stuff like this made it impossible for me to love them after Big cypress.

I dont mind the behind the stage tix as a concept -- sometimes you just want to be in the building. There was a time in my life when I would've (eg, 12/29/07). Not anymore though. And I can't believe that I sacrificed at the outset by only trying to get 1 ticket, figuring I'd go by myself and snag a random single somewhere. A single behind the stage is all that they had? Mind blowing.

Damn you scalpers. I can't even get a ticket.

I was shutout for Cinci last weekend. I've never had that happen before. :ohwell

From Jambands.com:

Published: 2009/10/31

Phish to Cover

Exile on Main Street on Halloween Phish will cover the Rolling Stones’ famed 1972 release Exile On Main Street this evening as party of its Halloween tradition of covering another artist’s album in its entirety. The band broke the news by handing out a series of “Phishbill” programs to fans as they entered the venue area of the band’s Festival 8 site Saturday afternoon. Sharon Jones, the lead singer of the Dap-Kings, will sing backup with the group. In addition, Dave Guy (trumpet), David Smith (trombone), Tony Jarvis (sax guitar) and Saundra Williams (vocals) will support the group during its set. Phish fans should be familiar with the Stones’ double LP, as the band has covered the album’s ninth track, “Loving Cup,” since the 1990s. The Phishbill comes complete with an essay on Exile on Main Street written by rock scribe David Fricke, fake advertisements for David Bowie with UB40 shows at Miami, Fl’s American Airlines Arena from December 28-31 (where Phish is rumored to play this New Year’s Eve) and Time Turns Elastic Sweatpants, and humorous band bios (and who doesn’t love the sweet vocals on Page “Mc” Connell). In an elaborate Who’s Who in the Crew section, the band also jokes that Tour Manager Richard Glasgow “currently owns stock in Ticketmaster, TicketsNow, eBay, Stubhub, MusicToday and Craigslist” (no wonder Phish tickets sell out so quickly).

Currently listening and all I can say is they sound great. If your home you should be tuned in sounds great.