WFC is a fantastic live Lp. Kinda like the fact of them covering a live album live on Halloween, let alone it being one of the best live Lps ever put out, imo. I'd like to hear the show when it comes around....

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to Phish's rendition of Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, it was great. I think I liked it better than last years Halloween show. The horns sounded better as well as the added percussion. I am not too familiar with Waiting for Columbus, the last time I think I listened to it all the through was while I was camping during the Terrapin Station shows in WI.

THEY NAILED IT! So pissed I ended up bailing on these shows. Rest of the run ain't to shabby either. You can hear the feat prints all over some of this stuff like the "camel walk" or especially the "wolfman's" from the night before.

I've got tickets for 12/31 and couldn't be more pumped. Really hoping they keep "Fat man in the bathtub" in rotation".

• 10 months later...

Has Phish released a DVD of their performance of Exile On Main Street? I know there was a fan(s) shot version of the concert that was circulating and it was called Exile On Multi-cam. While the fan shot was astonishingly good, you can obviously see the concert being professionally shot. I think it was released in some theatres as Phish 3D. I don't really care about 3D but I would love to buy a DVD of them doing this album - for the 5.1 sound alone! :P

Today, I have been grooving on Weekapaug Groove and Mike's Song from Slip Stitch and Pass.

that is a great version and great album. i love those small room Europe shows. i miss the days of 'live albums' culled from tours and produced well.

• 2 weeks later...
See Peter Gabriel's comments about pnce talking to Phish about doing The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway together

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/peter-gabriel-possibility-of-a-genesis-reunion-is-slim-20110927?stop_mobi=yes

Yeah I saw that Wheelco. I liked their cover of Watcher at the last R'n'r Hall of fame. Their version of No Reply was less impressive although I do really love that track.

I wonder how Banks and Co feel about Gabriel floating the idea of a Lamb show with Phish.

Also....and I may get shot for this....I don't own any Phish albums and don't really know much about them. Where would one start? Any band that would consider covering The Lamb is surely someone I need to listen to!

early phish is very much in the vein of progressive rock. however, they add a dash of humor to their music and the lyrics can seem goofy at first. after a while you realize it's the real deal and not a shtick at all. Lawn Boy is their best early album. After that, Rift is amazing with some epics. Billy Breathes is more song oriented, but great. Story of the Ghost is their best album as far as I'm concerned. it has everything; songs, jams and epics. i'll be curious what you think WildFrank. these guys could easily pull off Lamb. there were rumors years back that they would cover the album at a halloween gig. i'm surprised they haven't covered more prog. they could definitely pull off Firth of Fifth and the like.

early phish is very much in the vein of progressive rock. however, they add a dash of humor to their music and the lyrics can seem goofy at first. after a while you realize it's the real deal and not a shtick at all. Lawn Boy is their best early album. After that, Rift is amazing with some epics. Billy Breathes is more song oriented, but great. Story of the Ghost is their best album as far as I'm concerned. it has everything; songs, jams and epics. i'll be curious what you think WildFrank. these guys could easily pull off Lamb. there were rumors years back that they would cover the album at a halloween gig. i'm surprised they haven't covered more prog. they could definitely pull off Firth of Fifth and the like.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna take your recommendation and pick up Story of the Ghost. I've historically fared very well taking recommendations from this board.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna take your recommendation and pick up Story of the Ghost. I've historically fared very well taking recommendations from this board.

cool. that record is very much akin to a wilco record. great melodies, memorable solos and a bit of experimentation. and of course, the prog masterpiece guyote!

cool. that record is very much akin to a wilco record. great melodies, memorable solos and a bit of experimentation. and of course, the prog masterpiece guyote!

Sounds promising. As an aside has anyone ever heard mention of Genesis as an influnce on Wilco/Tweedy?. They did 'come out' recently as Rush fans so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Genesis love in the band. A couple of songs on A Ghost is Born have vague Genesis traits.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I requested for a three day pass for the Chicago dates - they are playing Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island, great place for a show. Pretty small, too. I am sure it will be a tough ticket.