• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone delve into Mike's solo stuff.  I heard some pandora it sounded great.  I think I might pick up Green Sparrow.  Definitely had more of a Phish sound than Trey's stuff.  I really liked Trey's first solo album, but didn't warm up to the last few.  Traveler was pretty good.  I have a feeling Paper Wheels will be pretty good…from the initial tunes he's released.

BTW, how about that encore at Dick's night 3?  Pretty fun.

Caught Dick's Sat and Sunday. The band sounds so good this tour. The vibe in the building is always stellar, too, with excellent sound and sight lines. Sunday night was wild....

Anyone delve into Mike's solo stuff.  I heard some pandora it sounded great.  I think I might pick up Green Sparrow.  Definitely had more of a Phish sound than Trey's stuff.  I really liked Trey's first solo album, but didn't warm up to the last few.  Traveler was pretty good.  I have a feeling Paper Wheels will be pretty good…from the initial tunes he's released.

BTW, how about that encore at Dick's night 3?  Pretty fun.

I've only listened to the two he did with leo Kottke, and liked them both.

• 4 months later...

Yep. I like the Jan. 1st and 2nd shows, too. Was talking with my wife last night on how/if we could try to go to the Mexico shows....

And we couldn't.....Listened to the first night and parts of the 2nd and 3rd shows. Phish debuted LZ's "The Ocean" to close out the weekend, Great video of folks splashing/partying in the water throughout the weekend's sets, too. The "Harry Hood" shots and sounds made me a little envious of the folks who were able to make it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I would ever want to deal with going to a concert at Wrigley -- but I bet this will be a fun two days. In this day and age, the ticket prices look great, too

from the Chicago Tribune:

Phish will play two shows at Wrigley Field in June as part of its summer tour, the jam band announced Friday.

Tickets for the June 24-25 shows at the ballpark cost $45-$75. Fans can request tickets through Feb. 21 at tickets.phish.com. Winners will be notified by Feb. 24 and tickets are scheduled to go on sale Feb. 25.

The Phish summer tour is slated to kick off June 22 in Minnesota and wrap up Sept. 4 in Colorado.

Yeah - should be interesting.

One of the last times I saw Phish was when they were playing Chicago's Northerly Island and Pearl Jam was playing Wrigley the same night - a huge storm passed through Chicago, which stopped the Phish show 1 song into the 2nd set. Pearl Jam postponed there show until the storm passed and played well into the next morning, around 2am or so --- bet the neighborhood loved that.  I talked to a few people at the next night's Phish show who were at the Pearl Jam show the previous night and/or earlier that morning and they all said it was a blast.

I don't think I would ever want to deal with going to a concert at Wrigley -- but I bet this will be a fun two days. In this day and age, the ticket prices look great, too

from the Chicago Tribune:

I've been to too many shows @ Wrigley (PJ, Bruce, Buffet, BJ/EJ, FF). Wish they would do something else. PJ too.

I've been to too many shows @ Wrigley (PJ, Bruce, Buffet, BJ/EJ, FF). Wish they would do something else. PJ too.

How was it seeing a show at Wrigley - can't imagine it sounding so good - could be wrong, though.

Been to two shows at Wrigley. On the field once and in the stands once. Sounded fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure most have seen this, but Phish at Lockn' the weekend before Dick's. Two nights. And, Ween 2 nights! It's bumming my non-Phish fan friends out but I'd be all over it if inclined to travel to VA for a Festival....

http://www.locknfestival.com/

Yeah, looking forward to streaming those Phish and Ween sets, and likely coughing up a lot of cash to do so. I think last year you had to pay to stream individual sets.