Jeff Tweedy 1/26/2008

Well, the show sounded absolutely fab; just sorry I couldn't have stayed. There is almost nothing worse than chatting with my friends in line and then having to leave :( Thanks Wendy for taking care of selling my ticket -- I really appreciate it.

Interestingly, when Jeff told that story about Jay at last year's LRS at Erin's, he mentioned that he felt that the big lesson for him was understanding that it was OK that, even with this incredible opportunity to have something really change between the two of them, and come to some kind of resolution -- nothing like that happened. I loved that.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you could sell your ticket Edie, and it was nice to meet you. :wave

He really had Uncle Tupelo on the brain last night, suggesting that if all of us at the show who claimed to be UT fans had been as vocal back then, perhaps they would still be together. :lol

Glad you could sell your ticket Edie, and it was nice to meet you. :wave

He really had Uncle Tupelo on the brain last night, suggesting that if all of us at the show who claimed to be UT fans had been as vocal back then, perhaps they would still be together. :lol

:wave

Fab meeting you too! We'll see each other again pretty darn soon :)

Warner, your job is to make with the goddamn tape already :lol

Interestingly, when Jeff told that story about Jay at last year's LRS at Erin's, he mentioned that he felt that the big lesson for him was understanding that it was OK that, even with this incredible opportunity to have something really change between the two of them, and come to some kind of resolution -- nothing like that happened. I loved that.

Weren't we all supposed to keep that story a secret? (It even got edited out of the recording.) Interesting that he's now told it in a less controlled setting. :)

Only glaring negative was the first few rows were mostly occupied by drunken PTAers. Drunk humor is survivable but drunk PTA humor is brutal.

drunken PTA'ers who paid 250 per ticket; if they're going to drop that much coin more power to them

I walked in at around 740 and was able to find two perfect seats in the right middle section; Somehow nobody thought to sit on the couch on the side...perfect unobstructed comfortable view!!!!

Great show and only the second time i've gotten to see jeff solo (first was at the Second City show).

girlfriend and I both got our first songs on the wishlist (she's a jar and Airline to heaven)

perfect night, especially since i finally got tickets at 630 that night!

I loved him calling out all those cheering claiming to be Tupelo fans too.

Weren't we all supposed to keep that story a secret? (It even got edited out of the recording.) Interesting that he's now told it in a less controlled setting. :)

It seemed like Jeff originally thought he'd told the story at the school benefit last year, which is why he mentioned it in passing and then had to explain further when most people were confused. Either that or the "slipup" was a nice roundabout segue to telling the story last night. ;)

A really fun show; I was glad I could make it, even if I did cut it a bit close. I had no idea there was $8 public weekend parking these days in the garage attached to the condos across the street. The parking lot that existed there before the condos charged about $25 on show nights, if I recall correctly. I officially approve of this development.

Paul, I think you should definitely post who requested what. :D I hear some people even got multiple requests!

Tweedy takes his family to Mexico periodically and he was recently there with the fam in a secluded part of the Yucatan and two villas down was Farrar and his family. He said the encounter was awkward and consisted of a couple ofn "heys and whats ups" and that was it. Tweedy the said it was just like it was when they were in UT together.

Perhaps it went something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4OpF9Xa5E...feature=related

Anybody else notice how not one song from SBS was played (if you dont count The Thanks I Get)

Since it was basically an all request show, I wonder how Jeff feels that nobody requested a song off this newest album.

Anybody else notice how not one song from SBS was played (if you dont count The Thanks I Get)

Since it was basically an all request show, I wonder how Jeff feels that nobody requested a song off this newest album.

well, someone requested On & On & On, but Jeff said it couldn't be done with an accoustic.

as for SBS, the songs come up often in Wilco sets - i think solo shows are more a chance to hear the older stuff the band doesnt play anymore

I believe that someone had requested "Please Be Patient with Me" (as well as Wishful Thinking and Via Chicago).

It was an awesome show, so glad I went. Very satisfied. A decent line formed before the doors opened. Got there early and got great seats. I hope this happens every year. I really enjoyed the comfort and atmosphere of the concert. The last Jeff Tweedy show I went to was so crowded stuffy and smoky, hard to even get a decent view. I would pay extra for these types of concerts.

Great setlist. Remember the Mountainbed was my favorite. Was suprised to hear him do Just a Kid.

The Jay Farrar story was awesome, cant believe the luck of the guy in between. "All you need is a shot in the ass."

Man, I envy all of you.. I would love to see a solo show and would be more than willing to fork out the $100, but I'm all the way down here in South Carolina and Chicago would be quite a haul for me. I wonder what the chances are of him doing a solo show in the South?

Man, I envy all of you.. I would love to see a solo show and would be more than willing to fork out the $100, but I'm all the way down here in South Carolina and Chicago would be quite a haul for me. I wonder what the chances are of him doing a solo show in the South?

He did in Summer 06 at Raleigh. It was unreal

"All you need is a shot in the ass."

The guy who said that felt like a total ass afterwards. It seemed like such an obvious joke and that Jeff had somehow missed it. After I blurted it out, he said he had even written it on the set list. I felt really bad about stepping on his line. :frusty Idiot.

He did in Summer 06 at Raleigh. It was unreal

I'm sure it was.. C'mon Jeff, we'd love to have you back.. We'll make sure you feel welcome.. *sorry, but everytime I have posted something like that on VC, my dream came true...*.. It came true with the Charleston show coming up on Feb 29th.. haha

The guy who said that felt like a total ass afterwards. It seemed like such an obvious joke and that Jeff had somehow missed it. After I blurted it out, he said he had even written it on the set list. I felt really bad about stepping on his line. :frusty Idiot.

Are you saying that you were the one that said that? You know I was thinking that exact thing as I'm sure most people were. I still laughed at it.

Eh, don't sweat it. He was in good spirits.