Jeff Tweedy 1/26/2008

Just curious -- did he say anything about the residency shows?

Once he asked if anyone in the audience was going to be at the residency... and he got lots of hoots and hollers. But that was it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David Puddy
I recorded six or seven songs, plus the Jay Farrar story.

why not the whole show?

EDIT: and which one of you guys was the guy taping the audio that was sitting a couple seats down from me on the right side, front row of that little raised section behind the railing?

Let us not forget either - the fact that Jeff mentioned the show was the anniversary of his and Sue's "first night together." Then he made some joke about us wanting to know more...did he call us "filthy?" ha ha ha...Anyway, he also said his wife was his "Higher Power." Pretty sweet, huh? I loved the show too.

The guy who said that felt like a total ass afterwards. It seemed like such an obvious joke and that Jeff had somehow missed it. After I blurted it out, he said he had even written it on the set list. I felt really bad about stepping on his line. :frusty Idiot.

Nah! (I'm the girl who was next to you.) It was funny and you know he likes to give the audience a hard time.

Besides, at least you weren't the one who broke the parking garage! (Sorry, people, sorry! Now I'm afraid the cops are going to show up at my door or something.)

Care to share?

He (JT) and his family were in town during the weekend of his class reunion, but he was adamant about getting out of town before the Big Event. He and the fam went to a restaurant, and some of the popular girls from his hs were there ("You see the face and immediately recognize it" kind of thing). "Oh my god, are you in town for the--?!" JT: "god, no...no, we're just leaving." Girl(s): "So are you still doing the 'music thing'?" JT says yes, still doing music. "Aw, that's great." Basically they were really patronizing. At this point, Spencer is getting pissed at their lack of being impressed and says, "He won a Grammy." The girl says, "Oh, good for yooouu!!"

That was the gist, anyway.

Nah! (I'm the girl who was next to you.) It was funny and you know he likes to give the audience a hard time.

Besides, at least you weren't the one who broke the parking garage! (Sorry, people, sorry! Now I'm afraid the cops are going to show up at my door or something.)

Hey there. Good to hear from you. Thanks again for those hand warmers. It turns out it was pretty cold that night and I got lost on the subway (not actually lost; I knew where I was but I got on a brown instead of a red and those outdoor stations are pretty cold). Have fun at the residency. We're jealous.

PS - I was thinking of our conversation about 10 minutes ago. I just got a email from thehip.com and they're doing a show in Brockville. The hall holds about 700 people. How about that?

Definitely! Put them all up!! Thanks a bunch in advance.

You're welcome. It might take me a day or two, because I shot everything in high def, and downconverting them for YouTube is a little time consuming.

Here's Family Gardener for the time being:

You're welcome. It might take me a day or two, because I shot everything in high def, and downconverting them for YouTube is a little time consuming.

Here's Family Gardener for the time being:

No prob, take your time. Wow hi-def. Im sure JHamm would like to get a hold of this stuff. This clips are nice.

Can you at least give us the songs you recorded. I hope you got Mountainbed.

Thanks for these two songs!

I was in line early with my friends (Jason and his son, Jack, from Indianpolis) when Susan Tweedy came to the front of the line asking for requests. I requested "Cars Can't Escape" and when Jack couldn't think of a song title on demand, I suggested he ask for "Family Gardener." :shifty

However, I had no influence over Jason, who knew exactly what he wanted to hear - "Passenger Side"

;)