Jeff Tweedy 1/26/2008

Thanks for these two songs!

I was in line early with my friends (Jason and his son, Jack, from Indianpolis) when Susan Tweedy came to the front of the line asking for requests. I requested "Cars Can't Escape" and when Jack couldn't think of a song title on demand, I suggested he ask for "Family Gardener." :shifty

However, I had no influence over Jason, who knew exactly what he wanted to hear - "Passenger Side"

;)

I was too late to sneak in a request (my girlfriend and I flew in from Toronto, and we were determined to have pizza for dinner), but all I wanted to hear were either Cars Can't Escape or Family Gardener. I wasn't expecting either - and I heard Wilco do CCE in Burlington Vermont a few years ago, so I thought I had already used up my luck - but hearing both early in the show put me in a very, very happy place. Thanks for asking for them.

I recorded Theologians, Cars Can't Escape, Family Gardener, Pieholden Suite, The Jay Farrar Story, Jesus, and Gun. I didn't want to record the whole show because I was afraid of getting absorbed the camera and not by the show itself. I picked my battles.

I should have everything up on youtube tonight, and I'll gladly circulate the original footage. It really looks and sounds a lot better than youtube would suggest.

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded Theologians, Cars Can't Escape, Family Gardener, Pieholden Suite, The Jay Farrar Story, Jesus, and Gun. I didn't want to record the whole show because I was afraid of getting absorbed the camera and not by the show itself.

sweet you recorded Theologians

was there a third set I missed? ;)

I recorded Theologians, Cars Can't Escape, Family Gardener, Pieholden Suite, The Jay Farrar Story, Jesus, and Gun. I didn't want to record the whole show because I was afraid of getting absorbed the camera and not by the show itself.

sweet you recorded Theologians

was there a third set I missed? ;)

I meant Spiders, oops!

anyway, here's everything:

Cars Can't Escape:

Family Gardener:

Spiders:

Jay Farrar Story:

Pieholden:

Jesus:

Gun:

It was a wonderful night...and then, after the show, a man kissed me. :cheekkiss Maybe I should have shaved...

Looking forward to seeing you all in Feb. :cheers

You are all a fun bunch, :worship I might even consider changing my name. :unsure

Or not :stunned

Or maybe I'll stop using an emoticon after every sentence. :D

You have some other great videos up there too. i love the plaskett and downie video and the sens video. are you actually a sens fan in toronto? that would be amazing

Haha, thanks man. I just moved down here for work a few months ago, and I'm missing the Sens - the defending Eastern Conference Champion Sens - a lot.

When I was in Chicago I took in a Blackhawks game with my girlfriend... the cheapest seats in the house are $10! We sat in good seats for $30... that barely buys a between-periods beer in Ontario!

I'm sure it was.. C'mon Jeff, we'd love to have you back.. We'll make sure you feel welcome.. *sorry, but everytime I have posted something like that on VC, my dream came true...*.. It came true with the Charleston show coming up on Feb 29th.. haha

He played the Tabernacle and B'ham in Jan. last year... truly both were grand! :worship

I could sure use some solo shows in the south also! :dancing

Does anyone know where the entire show can be found for audio download? I can do the bit torrent thing from home if necessary. Loved going to the show...Sheffield's before the show and a bit to eat at Leona's afterward. God, I miss the city.

• 3 weeks later...