*Song Request* for New Haven ... please?

this will be my first show, and i can hardly stand the wait! i became hooked on jeff tweedy and wilco's music last summer --

on nearly everything about it -- and am still into the exciting discovery of it all.

after being into the rock of the '60s and '70s for a long time, and then listening mostly to opera (yup) for the past decade,

these guys shook my world and woke me up in too many ways to count.

it doesn't look to me from setlists like they've done Less Than You Think live for a long time, but i'm hoping

after the residency shows . . . maybe they will play this one of their songs i love the most? it would be a BIG thrill for me.

i'm a hermetic visual artist, and not much would make me drive two states away for a concert -- but when the new

haven opportunity came up, i went into determination mode and scored a ticket online during pre-sale. the luck can

hardly be believed.

i love everything about Less Than You Think, and if i've been uncool by posting this request, just tell me and i'll flail myself

with a typewriter.

if i've been uncool by posting this request

No one here is cool.

Good luck with the request! Post-residency set lists should be fun to see. :cheers

this will be my first show, and i can hardly stand the wait! i became hooked on jeff tweedy and wilco's music last summer --

on nearly everything about it -- and am still into the exciting discovery of it all.

after being into the rock of the '60s and '70s for a long time, and then listening mostly to opera (yup) for the past decade,

these guys shook my world and woke me up in too many ways to count.

it doesn't look to me from setlists like they've done Less Than You Think live for a long time, but i'm hoping

after the residency shows . . . maybe they will play this one of their songs i love the most? it would be a BIG thrill for me.

i'm a hermetic visual artist, and not much would make me drive two states away for a concert -- but when the new

haven opportunity came up, i went into determination mode and scored a ticket online during pre-sale. the luck can

hardly be believed.

i love everything about Less Than You Think, and if i've been uncool by posting this request, just tell me and i'll flail myself

with a typewriter.

Where would we be without Wishful Thinking? Good luck!

Where would we be without Wishful Thinking? Good luck!

thank you very much, people. one reason i read this board is the wit of certain posters.

yah, you're right: Wishful Thinking! sometimes it pays to wish out loud:

years ago i lost my piano (long story), and in an ocean-chart store i said something wistful (or wishful) to my

husband about missing it -- we had no money -- and the water-logged guy behind the counter offered me the

piano his grandma had left him and drove it over to my house the next day. it can pay to wish out loud!

residency dvd's and cd's have to be fantastic.

go ***Less Than You Think**************

I've been screaming "Candyfloss!!" at every show I've been to for the last few years, to no avail.

Let's hope you have better luck getting your request played.

that must be frustrating. i figured i'd have about zero chance of hearing Less Than You Think if i try to scream it over 1600 people.

so . . . maybe jeff will get this message somehow somewhere.

i'm stuck (voluntarily) in a corner of the country, maine, and who knows how many more chances i'll get.

the version i listen to most is jeff acoustic, from an owl download, and it sounds like a small venue, maybe even a living

room show. but if they'll play it at the shubert i'll take any version they offer and be extremely happy!