• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't I hope they send Danny in their stead. I'd love to hear him dish about it in his blog.

Danny's brother-in-law can dish with the best of them, too. I'm sure he'll have lots of new material for the Riv shows.

Greg you got a taste of Chicago weather here yesterday and today

You mean there's gonna be 60 mph winds with sporadic wildfires in Chicago? Can't wait!

what the hell were they doing in the 'rock' category anyways?

Do they have a Grammy for 'Easy Listening' ?

So now I'm all bummed I was out and didn't see the Grammys. I'm curious to see what Sue looks like..simply because I'm reading the book about Wilco and the photos are from about 10 years ago with her in them. lol :) Anyone have wilco in the audience on youtube?

there are photos of her from the last few months on here. she looks terrific

Were all of those non-stop 50's and 60's artists par for course or did that have something to do with the 50th Anniversary? Also it bummed me out that Robbie Robertson seemed to be the only member of The Band in attendance for that lifetime award. Lastly did anyone see Springsteen all night? Was he even there?

I can't tell if the Grammys matter or matter anymore. I think it's a subjective argument. I think most of the music on the Grammys is pretty poor. A lot of it is not written by the artists that perform it -- a sticking point of negativity for me. On one hand, you have really "made it" if you win a Grammy -- no doubting that -- you are a rich, successful musician. But long gone are the days of bands winning a Grammy from being a "nobody". The last time I remember a small-name band winning, it was our boys in Wilco. For me, I wish there was a playing field where the greater eye of the public could witness bands like the National and the Foo Fighters on the same stage....oh how I wish.