The Replacements Thread

They sounded fantastic, and westerberg only flubbed a couple of lyrics! ;)

I don't think that he really flubbed them, so much as changed them a little.

And, did I see him getting a little emotional when he sang, "If he died in New York, that'd be…. (he did)"

?

And I agree that they were incredible. I got chills.

And the new guys seemed to be so, so into it. So happy to be a part of it all.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap is the Ed Stasium mix of Tim brilliant! Give it a listen. It really pops out of the speakers. The keyboards on Here Comes a Regular are throughout the whole song, no just the end. I can see

Oh my this is so much better than I could have ever hoped it would be. This album has always been right at the top for me, the songwriting is that good, but the original production and mix always made

Just here to underline how fantastic the new Tim version is. It's not just that it's way better, it's now one of the best rock and roll mixes I can name: clear, vital, big and energetic. To think that

They played "Alex Chilton." That's fantastic, b/c it might get people who saw them for the first time into Big Star, too.

I'll be traveling up to St. Paul for the show on Saturday night! I'm tremendously excited!

I'll be there too!  Super psyched! 

• 3 months later...

From today's Boston Globe:

No one is quite sure how a new, 24-minute song by the Replacements surfaced online, least of all the band’s guitarist Dave Minehan. The track, a bizarre bit of improvisation recorded in October at Minehan’s Waltham studio, is being widely shared after it was mysteriously uploaded to Soundcloud. (The song was first posted by the Boston-based music blog Bradley’s Almanac.) “It’s funny the secret life these little things can have,” Minehan told us Tuesday. “They bubble up and scare everyone to death.” Best known as the frontman for the underappreciated Boston band The Neighborhoods, Minehan joined Replacements Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson on the band’s reunion tour last fall, including an appearance at the Boston Calling concert in September. On a whim, he said, the band got together for a few days at Woolly Mammoth Sound in Waltham. “It was kind of, like, ‘Hey, we’re not gonna see each other for a while, let’s fire up the amps and see what happens,’ ” Minehan said. “A lot of really awesome stuff happened. Everything you’d expect.” He characterized the leaked track — a hootenanny, called “Poke Me in My Cage,” that includes a little jazz and a little spoken word — as “the runt of the litter.” And he cautioned against drawing any conclusions about the band’s future plans based on the song. “This is wonderfully confounding and confusing for those who want to read the tea leaves of the Replacements,” Minehan said, laughing. “I had no idea it was even out there until I started getting texts from far and wide.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...