The Replacements Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap is the Ed Stasium mix of Tim brilliant! Give it a listen. It really pops out of the speakers. The keyboards on Here Comes a Regular are throughout the whole song, no just the end. I can see

Oh my this is so much better than I could have ever hoped it would be. This album has always been right at the top for me, the songwriting is that good, but the original production and mix always made

Just here to underline how fantastic the new Tim version is. It's not just that it's way better, it's now one of the best rock and roll mixes I can name: clear, vital, big and energetic. To think that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paul, Tommy & the gang are getting together again to play Coachella this spring. Bleah.

I guess I can't blame them for cashing in, but it's still disappointing that they're going this route instead of a proper tour.

I'm glad I saw a couple of the Riot Fest shows as Coachella is pretty much out of the question for me. They pretty much played a variation of the same set at all the Riot Fest shows. If it's the same thing at Coachella I'll definitely feel better about not going.

Best show I saw last year easily.  I'm holding out hope.  Although the way they ended the show in Denver last year was a perfect way to go out for them.

A nice Bob Hologram with him in a dress would be amazing!

• 3 months later...

Mats, Boston, Can't Hardly Wait!!!!!!!

http://bdcwire.com/boston-calling-announces-fall-2014-lineup-its-best-yet/

Boston Calling Music Festival, the city’s premiere semiannual outdoor music event, is yet to occur this spring, but already festival organizers have decided to release the fall lineup into the world. The festival, which will take place Sept. 5-7 on City Hall Plaza will feature five headliners, as opposed to the standard three that the festival usually presents.

Leading the way this year will be Brooklyn-based indie collective The National, who headlined the inaugural edition of Boston Calling last May. Aaron Dessner, the band’s songwriter, has had a hand in curating each installment of the festival, so it only makes sense that they’re the first act to make a returning appearance. Joining them will be New Zealand Grammy-winning pop sensation Lorde, Minneapolis garage rock legends The Replacements, who will be playing their first Boston show since 1991, alt-folk cult heroes Neutral Milk Hotel, and Queens-based rap legend Nas, who recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of his seminal album “Illmatic,” will play a set, collaborating with Fallon house band The Roots.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...