• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm too big of a Clash fan, because I've already seen most all of this footage. There must be some truly rare, never before stuff out there somewhere. All of that being said, I'll probably buy it anyway.

will be watching this tomorrow

been listening to London Calling a lot lately.

that album never lets up. i can hardly get past Death or Glory from repeating it so much.

will be watching this tomorrow

been listening to London Calling a lot lately.

that album never lets up. i can hardly get past Death or Glory from repeating it so much.

Werd.

I saw some of this last night - the film and video looked shitty - I would think it could have been cleaned up more than it was. Also, I think they need to put sub-titles at the bottom of the screen - like in the Oasis behind The Music episode.

• 5 months later...
The Clash's Shea Stadium Gig Heading To CD

August 06, 2008 , 1:35 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Long bootlegged and sought after by collectors, the Clash's Oct. 13, 1982, performance at New York's Shea Stadium will finally see official release Oct. 7 via Legacy.

The gig found the Clash opening for the Who on the latter band's "farewell" tour, and features a wealth of favorites, from "London Calling" and "Police on My Back" to "The Magnificent Seven" and "Clampdown."

The band, which at the time was touring in support of its recent album "Combat Rock," also offered up the singles from that effort, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and "Rock the Casbah." According to Legacy, late guitarist Joe Strummer found the Shea tapes while preparing to move into a new house.

In other Clash news, a new biography culled from extensive band interviews, "The Clash by the Clash," will be released Nov. 4 via Grand Central Books.

Here is the track list for "Live at Shea Stadium":

Kosmo Vinyl Introduction

"London Calling"

"Police on My Back"

"Guns Of Brixton"

"Tommy Gun"

"The Magnificent Seven"

"Armagideon Time"

"The Magnificent Seven" (return)

"Rock the Casbah"

"Train in Vain"

"Career Opportunities"

"Spanish Bombs"

"Clampdown"

"English Civil War"

"Should I Stay or Should I Go"

"I Fought the Law"

That's actually a sweet setlist...I'm looking forward to perhaps getting that.

But how did the Clash open for the Who? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, the Clash are 10000x better than the Who.

Well, I have to politely disagree with that statement.

That book looks interesting.