The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/15/08

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, looking forward to a night or two out after the shows assuming I'm feeling better. Tamala, your Nels story warmed my heart :wub

Yeah, I was pretty excited. :lol I hope you feel better soon! We probably won't be able to hit the Fat Cat on Wed because we both work the next morning.... :omg But I'll be there in spirit on Mon and Tues.

There's a pretty good free FTP client out there (it's the one I use): FTP Commander (they also offer more fully featured versions for a price)

I think it may be Windows-only. To download via FTP, you click the New Server button above the right-hand column, enter and save the server info (see Brian's earlier post), then double-click the server item you just created and navigate to the folder for the show you want.

In the left-hand column, navigate to the destination on your drive where you want everything to be copied.

Then, with the folder (or files) selected in the right-hand column, click the left-arrow button on the middle bar to copy everything back to the destination you specified.

Easy as pie ... except with files this huge, it can take quite a while, even with a pretty fast connection.

If this concert series is released on DVD, my life will be complete. Wilco is such an epic band that is around their peak, and it would be such a shame to not professionally release something to prove to the future they existed.

if they released it on dvd i would crap my pants. but to be honest i highly highly doubt it, where were the video cameras???? but if ya think about it. where is the live wilco dvd????? kicking television didnt happen. i bet you so much that a dvd in the near future is very possible. keep us occupied until their next release.

if they released it on dvd i would crap my pants. but to be honest i highly highly doubt it, where were the video cameras???? but if ya think about it. where is the live wilco dvd????? kicking television didnt happen. i bet you so much that a dvd in the near future is very possible. keep us occupied until their next release.

You'd think a DVD is imminent, but what better opportunity is there than the residency? Unless of course they film a single night for a DVD.

I could be wrong, but I think I see kimsnatch and Edie in that pic.

You are correct -- I am with my friend Sara from Philly (to my left) and Tamala is blocked by Nels. She is right next to Kim....

Even the cops can't get enough Wilco. While our Chicagoist photographer sat in line waiting to get into Friday night's show, a CPD cruiser drove by by with the intro to "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" planking away on it's megaphone, eliciting a roar from the crowd.
Oh! And aside from the great company at the bar after Friday night's show, at about 1:30 am Nels came in and I was wearing my "Nels Cline Gave Me The Chicken Pox" t-shirt. There weren't many people left at the bar, so I walked up to him and said, "I have to show you this." He said, "Where can I get one of those?!" Ummmm.... you're Nels Cline, are you kidding?! He asked if I would walk over and show a couple of his friends, etc. So I added, "I'd like to have you sign it some time, but I don't have a pen with me." He whipped a Sharpie out of his pocket, and now the chicken w/ pox on my shirt has a cute thought bubble that says "Nels" in the middle with a heart. :yay What a good guy.

Nels is such a nice guy in person.

I had to post something so I am getting to reply to your thread here even though I heard your story right after it happened. It was a great time and I can't wait for the next one. :thumbup

Nels is such a nice guy in person.

I had to post something so I am getting to reply to your thread here even though I heard your story right after it happened. It was a great time and I can't wait for the next one. :thumbup

tell andrew to hurry up & make with the pictures.