Residency 1st night torrent

I'm not willing to do that - but it is up at bt.etree now.

is this the same torrent file thats on dime maybe thats why mine wont work

I am sure someone will do what you asked - I'm not even going to start any shit today.

lol and your a good man for it!

I guess i'll post it here too, anyone who can do a megaupload or sendspace would be appreciated. I don't know about others but comcast doesn't let me do bit torrent. (if anyone knows a way around that a clue would also be appreciated).

lol and your a good man for it!

I guess i'll post it here too, anyone who can do a megaupload or sendspace would be appreciated. I don't know about others but comcast doesn't let me do bit torrent. (if anyone knows a way around that a clue would also be appreciated).

Wow you're not kidding, Jc. I looked up "comcast bit torrent" on yahoo and i came up with this. It's a good thing i don't have comcast. I couldn't live without bt.

From the NY Times:

October 22, 2007, 9:41 pm

Comcast: We

Oh i forgot to mention that i've grabbed the torrent of of dime and now I'm helping Analogman to seed it at etree. Hopefully things will move a little faster now for the folks who are trying to download it over there.

Jc4prez, I'll see if i can do a sendspace upload for you once their are more seeders at etree.

I have Comcast and it's my impression that they're not necessarily targeting bt. (I BT but only occasionally and it works fine for me.)

I think it's more like, they handicap you if you are eating up a lot of bandwidth. For the guy who asked, you can pay them more $$ for them to "uncap" your access. It won't NECESSARILY make your connections much faster... I think a more common limiter is your distance to the nearest hub, frankly. Howeverm while they don't really explain these kind of things, it seems to me like you are paying for them to not "choke" your connection if you're using a lot of bandwidth.

So basically I suspect that if you have Comcast and bt movies / other large files often, they have some kind of snoop program that notices what kind of things you are doing and then takes steps to slow you down on those protocols / ports / however else they would manage your throughput selectively.

I have kinda given up fighting the man, and paid the $$ because of playing online videogames (shocker there would be nerds here I know). But personally it is worth it for me to pay the $15 for my connection to not go to shit after 30 minutes of gaming. Hopefully someday they'll quit being douchebags, and I'm not even sure this is 100% accurate, but it's the gist of what I think is going on after 6 years of screwing with Comcast hi-speed internet shenanigans. I pay top dollar, they leave me alone.

I'd also point out that paying for this is a lot more cost effective some places than others. Our old apartment was very close to the nearest Comcast relay station so when we uncapped, our bandwidth was out of this world. Paying the same money at our new place, we get maybe 2/3 of the reliability (QoS) and half the bandwidth. So I'm reconsidering whether or not it's still worth the extra cash.

Anyway just some random ideas. I'm sure there are better, more accurate, and clearer ideas out there.

Dime won't let me sign up. Says they're full :(

And I'm incapable of deciphering this bt.etree site mentioned. Tried various logical variations of that as a domain with no joy.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to remember it in my own head for now :) ...unless someone can offer some advice?

Dime won't let me sign up. Says they're full :(

And I'm incapable of deciphering this bt.etree site mentioned. Tried various logical variations of that as a domain with no joy.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to remember it in my own head for now :) ...unless someone can offer some advice?

What? Well let me roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look.

Dime usually deletes a few accounts everyday--keep trying, you'll get in. Lots of good stuff there, including the SBD/AUD matrix from Oregon last summer that I helped tape.

I bet most of the rest of these shows will go up there as well, so keep on trying.

Nice work getting your tape up there so fast, Analog--you doing any other shows? I taped the first two, but need to head home tonight (unless I get snowed in--one can dream, no?)

Oh i forgot to mention that i've grabbed the torrent of of dime and now I'm helping Analogman to seed it at etree. Hopefully things will move a little faster now for the folks who are trying to download it over there.

Jc4prez, I'll see if i can do a sendspace upload for you once their are more seeders at etree.

thanks so much. I used to be a torrent freak and this has been killing me.