recommend some good podcasts...

My favorites are as follows

Never Not Funny-Over an hour of hilarious talk with comedian jim pardo and various guests. would pay for it.

Unfettered Mind-Practical buddhism.

Sound Opinions-Fun music talk show i'm sure most of you know.

others i listen to sometimes are Fresh Air, All Songs Considered, Media Matters, Civilianism...

so recommend some other ones please. there is so much crap out there, i need some help sifting.

thanks

craig :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I've been listing to quite few podcasts lately;

Tom green- does it live for kevin smiths smodcast network. Gets great guests-check out the norm macdonald one-and isnt anoying like I thought he'd be.

skeptiod-pretty good skeptics look at popular culture

Dan carlins Hardcore History

The nerdest- Also has great guests. very funny- check out the Zach Galifianakis one.

The beatles podcast- a collection of radio inteviews, mostly with paul. allso check out the rollingstone interview with John Lenon (its a separate thing)

frankblack.net podcast- a fan podcast. What can I say, I love FBF.

The friday situation - Dai Henwood, Justine Smith and Steve Wrigley This may not click with non-kiwi listeners who don't know these three comedians but I dig it.

Others I get; adam carolla, bill burr, the harland highway, keith and the girl, saturday morning with kim hill, plus one smodcast and 95bFMs Fabian Fanboy

Tom green- does it live for kevin smiths smodcast network. Gets great guests-check out the norm macdonald one-and isnt anoying like I thought he'd be.

The nerdest- Also has great guests. very funny- check out the Zach Galifianakis one.

The beatles podcast- a collection of radio inteviews, mostly with paul. allso check out the rollingstone interview with John Lenon (its a separate thing)

The friday situation - Dai Henwood, Justine Smith and Steve Wrigley This may not click with non-kiwi listeners who don't know these three comedians but I dig it.

Others I get; adam carolla, bill burr, the harland highway, keith and the girl, saturday morning with kim hill, plus one smodcast and 95bFMs Fabian Fanboy

cool. i need to check some of those out. skeptics guide to the universe is another good, well, skeptic one. i need to hear that nerdist with Zake. WTF is good with mark maron, although he's not for everyone.

BBC Radio 4:-

In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg - one topic per week discussed by experts in the field for 50 minutes with the presenter acting as prompter and providing a framework for the session. The kind of educational, eloquent discussion becoming all too rare in these days of dumbing down. Anyway, current titles on my iPod from the last few weeks: The Mexican Revolution / Random and Pseudo-Random Numbers / Childe HArolds Pilgrimmage / Aristotle's Poetics / The Nervous System / The Battle of Bannockburn. I just like hearing people debate and inform with use of articulate language.

Start The Week With Andrew Marr

From Our Own Correspondent

Crossing Continents

Desert Island Discs

Excess Baggage

Great Lives

Witness

+ 1 for Savage Love

+ 1 for This American Life

+1 for All Songs Considered

also:

Stuff You Should Know - podcast about stuff

Wiretap - comedy with Jonathan Goldstein; you will either love it or hate it

At Issue - CBC current affairs show; probably less interesting for Americans

Age of Persuasion - another CBC podcast; this one about advertising.

A friend of mine (from Wheeling) just turned me on to that show.

Oh cool, they thanked someone from Wheeling during the pledge show last week.

Since I finally started seriously listening to it last fall it's been one of my favorite things in the world. It's knocked just about every other podcast out of my rotation (in part because it's so long). But the comedy on it is great, you aren't going to get a 45 minute interview with a fictionalized version of Bernie Taupin as voiced by Jon Wurster anywhere else: Bernie Taupin

I have been loving the hell out of the Hardcore History series on the fall of the Roman Republic - thanks for the recommend!

No Agenda

From the TWiT Network: This Week in Tech, Tech News Today, Four Cast, NSFW, Frame Rate, and the Daily Giz Wiz

From the Frogpants Network: Filmsack, The morning Stream, East Meets West, and Sword & Laser

Nerdist

Weird Things

Doug Loves Movies

Comedy Death Ray Radio

Kevin Pollak's Chat Show

WTF w/ Marc Maron

I have been loving the hell out of the Hardcore History series on the fall of the Roman Republic - thanks for the recommend!

Me too! The Ghosts of the Ostfront blew my mind. Knew the eastern front was bloody but the numbers from that podcast were staggering.