The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/20/08

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many great performances from the 2 shows I attended (the last 2), but "Blood of the Lamb" was indeed a holy Lord moment.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the distinguished gentleman from Boston.

Can someone upload the last three to that ftp? Campus hates on torrents.... :ohwell

All it would take is for someone with the last 3 shows in flac format (should be quite a few of these out there) and access to an ftp site to upload the shows, post a link with username and password info and we're off. I would think in a community as plugged in and diverse as this we could get it to happen.

Work hates on torrents too........

b

Dear Fat Dude From Superbad:

Despite my shin bruises, stab wounds, and blue balls, I really appreciate how hard you jam.

Thanks, again,

Walrus

You have my utmost sympathy on this. I usually attract the assholes......sorry you had to experience this one. We had "psycho girl" near us. She didn't sing along or hardly clap, just stared at Jeff all night and sat on the floor before the show and then during the break (which created a problem when folks nearly tripped over her), barely talking. When she wasn't staring at Jeff she was giving Sue Miller the eye. Very weird. We kept our eye on this chick to make sure she wasn't going to pull a gun or something. (Just because she had on a University of Chicago sweat shirt was no guarantee she wasn't going to do something evil or weird.) Just another one to add to the experience along with the 19 year old from Saturday night who was taking the song "Company in My Back" as reality rather than a metaphor (sorry I had to use this joke again...). I suppose due to bad up bringings, some people just come into public with no super-egos at all, which creates a problem for the rest of us just trying to get by.

All of the audience recordings I've heard for all five nights sound great.

Someone please lead me to the links (PM me) to where an idiot like me can easily download this stuff. I am not a big concert downloader, but do what copies of these.

Now on to another topic entirely. The drone was brilliant. Rather than connect Wilco to the jam band scene (where they clearly don't belong) it instead connected them exactly where they do belong - to the post-rock, Chicago improvisors, free jazz scene instead. I almost wished they had let the Total Pros in on the action, but either way it was a wonderful way to end the week, noisey, deep, and a touch distrurbing, not to mention mesmerizing, in the deep red darkness, then the walk off leaving the drone to go on and on with an empty stage. I hope they unleash this on some other audience that can handle it, because it was a total gas.

Thanks to Wilco for a week I will never forget, some new friendships, alot of cold toes, and the greatest music from any band you can imagine. Also thanks for bringing on Andrew Bird and letting him fly (they should take him to Australia with them). and all four of the Total Pros to play the horns. It can only get harder to get tickets from here on out....

LouieB

I put this show up on bt.etree tonight. It is the same torrent that was on dime a dozen. LB - I will take care of you - unless Edie does it - maybe she could - she is closer.
Yea, Alison already called me in real life on this......if not her, Edie can too I suppose....I am so effing old school....

LouieB

Someone please lead me to the links (PM me) to where an idiot like me can easily download this stuff. I am not a big concert downloader, but do what copies of these.

LouieB

I too would love a copy of the 2/20 show. Like LouieB and others I'm very technology challenged and old school. If I could do a blanks and postage with someone I would be eternally grateful. Please PM me. Thank you very much! :worship :) :)

Someday I will give this a try, but frankly I am too busy with work and stuff (or two lazy..) It's enough I have to wrestle with i-Tunes just to get my i-Pod to work. I went to WXRT just to try and download the podcast of the Tweedy Langford show and can't for the life of me figure out how to get it into i-Tunes. It plays on the XRT site, but each time I pushed what appeared to be the download button it either played or wanted to go somewhere else. (Heck just downloading a new version of i-Tunes made was problematic, I had to restart the computer and reload it again.) Some day this stuff will all be easy, this is not unlike the way things were back in the bad old text only days on the net,) but for right now it just seems too difficult although I am sure it isn't.

LouieB