The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/20/08

My new favorite song: Just a Kid.

Had never really listened to it before (though I had heard it several times). I love this song, and the rendition on Wed was just wonderful. I was screaming and jumping up and down. Love it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new favorite song: Just a Kid.

Had never really listened to it before (though I had heard it several times). I love this song, and the rendition on Wed was just wonderful. I was screaming and jumping up and down. Love it.

I fully expected the Blisters to come out and jam out on that, but it was great nonetheless. here's hoping we hear it again before the next residency.

Edie, I saw some a couple of good photos of us at the bar courtesy of Rick and Laurie. Seems like too long ago already, Greg

I fully expected the Blisters to come out and jam out on that, but it was great nonetheless. here's hoping we hear it again before the next residency.

Edie, I saw some a couple of good photos of us at the bar courtesy of Rick and Laurie. Seems like too long ago already, Greg

I forgot that it was their song, though I think that Jeff performed it on the actual soundtrack, right?

And it HAS been too long already :(

I forgot that it was their song, though I think that Jeff performed it on the actual soundtrack, right?

And it HAS been too long already :(

wilco and the blisters performed it on the sound track. it was the first studio recording to feature Nels and Pat in the band.

Wilco and (most of) the Blisters also performed it in 2005 at the Vic. That was fun. :)

Insanely fun! I remember noticing all the kids in the opera box on the side of the Vic. When they disappeared, I started calling it out to the people around me. (more out of hope than anything else!) Me and a few others danced in the aisles of the lower balcony like we were 10.

Too bad the Riv Just a Kid fell on a school night.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was listening to the CD of night 5 in the car today (being insanely jealous of you all once again). Muzzle of Bees with Andrew Byrd came on, and I listened to it a couple times. The quiet part in the middle with the violin and the acoustic and a little Glenn in the background (before Nels kicks in) is perhaps one of the most gorgeous little pieces of music I've heard. It's just incredible.

Just thought I needed to share that little moment.

• 1 month later...

Just was checking the Road Case and saw that this show was up. Does anyone know where I can find an audio capture? I checked both Owl & Bear and Etree and both list only the AUD. Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Just was checking the Road Case and saw that this show was up. Does anyone know where I can find an audio capture? I checked both Owl & Bear and Etree and both list only the AUD. Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Just get yourelf an audio capture programme - ie one that records any sounds that come through your computer and you're done.

That's what I did - just press record and go. Simple and sounds great!