Winter Residency Mp3's- Tagged, sorted, and compiled

Just wanted to say thank you. I lurk mostly and attended night 1 as I flew in from Phoenix. I am totally enjoying the first 4 nights thus far and these recordings are fantastic.

So, from a lurker. Thank you, thank you very much. Also, this board is really fantastic, witty and god damned positive.

Peace.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break....

1. The FM stream is the only show that isencoded at 90

2. All of the AUD's are encoded at 169 kbps, per itunes

3. I have all of the flacs, and all of the flacs are available on etree or other bt sites

4. I was trying to help those that DON't GIVE A **** about how the file is encoded

5. if you're an audiophile, leave the thread and don't download the files

6. Sorry if this is a bit harsh, but i put a lot of time into converting and tagging every freaking song

7. If you are going to bitch about it, then encode 192's and upload them for everyone to have

Thank you......I'm one of the above fans that just wants a copy of the shows for my own collection, never to be traded, etc....

MP3's are fine for me, in fact more than fine in quality.... I don't know how to d/l torrents, etc., it's all beyond me.

Cars, if you have night 5 (the only one I was able to get tickets for), I would really appreciate you posting it here.

I've d/l the first 4 nights and they sound might fine to me. Thank you for all your time! :cheekkiss

Thank you......I'm one of the above fans that just wants a copy of the shows for my own collection, never to be traded, etc....

MP3's are fine for me, in fact more than fine in quality.... I don't know how to d/l torrents, etc., it's all beyond me.

me too! thanks again and i can't wait for philly! :dancing :dancing :dancing

Thanks.

MP3 is fine by me for my own use, of course I used to tape Duran Duran and Men at Work off of Casey Kasem's Top 40 back in the day.

[quote name='JUDE

FUCK!

I may have missed the boat. I could only DL the 1st night---- If anyone could repost, that would be cool as hell.

Thanks Again for taking the time to sort all the files and upload them for everyone, cheers for that...wish everyone in this world

were a Wilco fan.

I for one want to thank any one of the folks who posted copies of these shows online-- They all sound good to me, Last week didn't even know what a flac file was.

I for one am pleased as punch that several kind souls took time out of their day to make sure people everywhere could enjoy this music-- I was there on friday night, but lacked the timer or inclination to be there the other 4.....that being said, it is amazing to hear the breadth of the entire catalog in essentially one place-

Those of you who have been complaining, shame on you--If you want better sound, you should a. do some research and get the files elsewhere in flac format, or b, get of your asses and tape the shows yourself...

Thanks again, tapers--you are awesome-

Charlie

Guest Muncle Douchey
I thought I was kind of "Wilcoed out" but hearing Monday's first set again is giving me chills.

wow, i not only used the exact term "wilcoed out" yesterday, but i also was revived by listening to monday's show.

Those of you who have been complaining, shame on you--If you want better sound, you should a. do some research and get the files elsewhere in flac format, or b, get of your asses and tape the shows yourself...

Once again - it is not really about sound or what we like, or if we don't care what we get - but rather, the policy of the taping community as a whole.

By putting the tape recorder up against the speaker? Those were the good old days.

Exactly. :thumbup

Add me to the list requesting a repost of these or a pm of a link. I would be forever in your debt.

Well maybe not forever, they are just low bit rate MP3's after all.

I still have the zip files, so I can repost them in a little while.

Charlie

Um.... I have them in FLAC (snatched from Dime) and encoded them into higher quality MP3s -- and am seeding the FLACs for others (a form of trading). I am in the process of uploading Sat and Wed to send space and will post links for those that want them.

Um.... I have them in FLAC (snatched from Dime) and encoded them into higher quality MP3s -- and am seeding the FLACs for others (a form of trading). I am in the process of uploading Sat and Wed to send space and will post links for those that want them.

Thanks... I would love them!

That's very kind, Edie. Thank you.

OK here is Saturday the 16th MP3 V0 (192VBR -- meets OiNK upload rules). I'll post the 20th later tonight. I also upgraded to a slightly better version, so hopefully these will work fairly quickly. No complaints if I screwed something up; you can always snatch the FLACs and encode to MP3 your own damn self :lol

The text file with the setlist is in #3

I think I may have tagged the files "night 1". Don't worry; it's still the 2-16 show.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rovifi Night 2 zip 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hcihtu Night 2 zip 2

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/lmvuri Night 2 zip 3

Enjoy!

EDIT: the show is 265MB all together -- about 1/4 the size of the FLAC.