Tower Theater, Philadelphia, PA 02/23/08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was super lucky to end up with a seat in row RR all the way to the right of the theater, the last seat in the row. So I was able to stand and rock out as much as I wanted for the whole show, and it was especially cool when everyone sat down because I had a totally unobstructed view of the whole band. I can't believe people were actually scolded for standing...supremely lame.

Dave Matthews Band 8.8.07 is all I have to say in response to that.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying that 20,000 frat/sorrority folk makes for a bad audience? How can that be?

How many Jeep Wranglers did you see that night?

oh yeah, they not only told us to sit, but made a spectacle out of it. and at one point, no one's view was being blocked and we still had extremely nasty things being screamed at us. it was such a shame because the band was definitely ON that night. the 9:30 club will be way better.

i wonder what happened to the city of brotherly love. :)

M, I'm so sorry you had such a crappy experience with people yelling things at you. Adrienne and I were so frustrated about not being able to dance that we offered to trade seats with a woman behind us (she wasn't yelling things at us but had her arms folded and just glared at us if we got up to dance) but she just said "NO! I don't want to!" So we attempted to go to the back of our section to dance without blocking anyone's view, but a security guard came over and yelled at us and then pointed to the door as if our choice was to go sit down or leave. Argh! Luckily, we were sitting behind four really cool guys who were as into the show as us, and all 8 of us just got really persistent about dancing and eventuallydanced the rest of the show and had a lot of fun.

Before that though, I was baffled as I watched rows of people in front of us bobbing wildly in their seats. It looked so crazy. Clearly everyone was driven to move, yet everyone was glued to their seats.

Ah well, I still enjoyed myself very very much.

:lol

id rather die than see dave matthews in concert

I saw DMB once when I was in college, when some friends dragged me nearly against my will. In a span of five minutes, somebody threw up right next to me, then a very drunk girl in front of me dropped her pants in the middle of GA and peed on my shoe. It was the most awful crowd I've ever been in. You couldn't pay me to get within a 10 mile radius of a DMB show ever again.

hey maggie, it was nice meeting you, glad you got home ok, man i was tired i don't know how you drove all the way back with no break. i wish i would have stayed to meet the rest of the guys too. i'm so happy i got to meet jeff tho. :wub :D . what a show.

Thanks for taking my picture with Jeff. It came out great! I waited with a few others until around 1 for the other guys and got to talk to Nels :wub I was frozen until I was up past Allentown, even with the heat cranked all the way up, but it was totally worth it. What a memorable night it was. It came just at the right time, too--we ended up having a big snowstorm yesterday and today!

I saw DMB once when I was in college, when some friends dragged me nearly against my will. In a span of five minutes, somebody threw up right next to me, then a very drunk girl in front of me dropped her pants in the middle of GA and peed on my shoe. It was the most awful crowd I've ever been in. You couldn't pay me to get within a 10 mile radius of a DMB show ever again.

:frusty

Also, there WAS a taper there. I saw him while getting into the venue. He said he would post the show on dimeadozen.

There were several tapers at the show. As of today, it is the only show from this tour not uploaded. It was a phenomenal show and Hoodoo Voodoo was the song I requested (I know; all of them were requested, but that's the first time I saw them do it live).

If a taper from that show is out there, I'm sure many of your fellow Wilco fans would like to hear it! Yes, I am groveling!

• 2 weeks later...