Forget all that other crap, I was watching Conan on DVR from tonight, and who do I see in the final commercial break, but Ellen Page, Andy Sanberg, that one girl who is one the show and is sort of good looking, but in a weird way (like a new Ana Gasteyer), and the rock group Wilco (!)

Pretty funny commercial. The guys are just standing there behind everyone and Andy Sanberg says "Jeez, try to keep it down Wilco." and the guys just all look at each other.

Surreal.

(Also, sidenote: Ellen Page!)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I saw one where they gave Jeff a line!

His line was "awkward" w/ a roll of the eyes. It was cute. It's SOOO surreal!!! And yes, he's STILL wearing his black shirt, jeans and jacket :thumbup

I like how in the texting one you can just tell that Tweedy is just idly pressing a few keys for the whole commercial. However, to his right you can see Mikael texting up a goddamn storm. I think Pat is just staring at the cell phone screen, and John is texting with one index finger. Glenn and Nels seem to be competent texters, though.

I like how in the texting one you can just tell that Tweedy is just idly pressing a few keys for the whole commercial. However, to his right you can see Mikael texting up a goddamn storm.

high probability that he was texting ction to cut the shit.

Good commercials... I realize that SNL "isn't what it used to be" (was it ever what it used to be?), but it's still great to see one of your favorite bands on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing them.... and Amy Poehler. :blush

Good commercials... I realize that SNL "isn't what it used to be" (was it ever what it used to be?), but it's still great to see one of your favorite bands on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing them.... and Amy Poehler. :blush

SNL is certainly better now (and has been for awhile) than it was in the dreaded post-Carvey 90s - I still can't watch any of those Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider/all those ugly unfunny women episodes. Norm MacDonald and Chris Farley and Phil Hartman were great. Other than that, pure crap. (You too, Chris Rock. You may one of the all-time standup geniuses, but other than Nat X, what skit chops you got?)

Forget all that other crap, I was watching Conan on DVR from tonight, and who do I see in the final commercial break, but Ellen Page, Andy Sanberg, that one girl who is one the show and is sort of good looking, but in a weird way (like a new Ana Gasteyer), and the rock group Wilco (!)

Pretty funny commercial. The guys are just standing there behind everyone and Andy Sanberg says "Jeez, try to keep it down Wilco." and the guys just all look at each other.

Surreal.

(Also, sidenote: Ellen Page!)

Are you saying Wilco is going to be on SNL?

SNL is certainly better now (and has been for awhile) than it was in the dreaded post-Carvey 90s - I still can't watch any of those Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider/all those ugly unfunny women episodes. Norm MacDonald and Chris Farley and Phil Hartman were great. Other than that, pure crap. (You too, Chris Rock. You may one of the all-time standup geniuses, but other than Nat X, what skit chops you got?)

You calling Cheri Oteri ugly?

I'm looking forward to seeing them.... and Amy Poehler. :blush

I live next door to her twin sister.

Amy may not know she has a twin sister in Michigan, but trust me, she does. :yes

A twin sister with four kids, but still.

You calling Cheri Oteri ugly?

Actually no - I think of her as from the '00s (does that make sense? It doesn't, does it. She and Fey & Mollie Shannon started in the '90s didn't they. Alright, fuck my earlier post). I'm thinking specifically of that one chick.

Actually no - I think of her as from the '00s (does that make sense? It doesn't, does it. She and Fey & Mollie Shannon started in the '90s didn't they. Alright, fuck my earlier post). I'm thinking specifically of that one chick.

Now you've got me curious.