• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to wait for a download, this guy has both performances posted (for the time being anyway):

Hate It Here and Walken

I don't know much about television production, but those performances were pretty well directed. For the most part, the camera seemed to be on the right person. When Sansone added an organ fill, the camera was there; when Cline was going off, the camera was there, etc. Not much focus on the bass player though. That man has paid his dues. He's been in it for the long haul. He deserved more face time.

the only thing I enjoyed, was that news guy waving a Terrible Towel.

wilco wasn't bad, but they weren't really good either. they were just kind of there.

I was wondering if you caught that.

I was slightly disappointed by their performances, really didn't sound too great, probably the TV mixing.

Had to have been the TV mixing. Live it was INCREDIBLE!!! I thought they looked great, happy and very well-rested. The audience seem to be very open to them. Being there was a great experience!

P.S. Hillary was NOT there for the dress rehearsal just Vincent and Rudy were.

Had to have been the TV mixing. Live it was INCREDIBLE!!! I thought they looked great, happy and very well-rested. The audience seem to be very open to them. Being there was a great experience!

P.S. Hillary was NOT there for the dress rehearsal just Vincent and Rudy were.

Hey WW I was meaning to ask you - was Secret Service a pain in the arse? I had this thought of some Wilco fans standing in line with their showpiece and a pocketful of nugs and then just FREAKING OUT when the SS came swarming in. :lol

Hey WW I was meaning to ask you - was Secret Service a pain in the arse? I had this thought of some Wilco fans standing in line with their showpiece and a pocketful of nugs and then just FREAKING OUT when the SS came swarming in. :lol

Haha...it was just regular security and while nice people, they were stern and did their job well :thumbup

Oh, and I meant to mention, my friend and I were 2 of the last 5 people let in!!! We ended up w/ decent seats, too.

The band was so tight and hard-hitting at the Residency (and had tons of cajones), SNL just didn't do them justice. Glenn's drums sounded like toys on Hate It Here. But they seemed to have a great time. And Jeff was rockin that suit! :lol

okay, so who can set me straight.

SNL isn't really live, right? It is filmed live earlier in the day? Like how Letterman shoots his show at 5... is that how it works?

They also do a dress rehearsal at 8p and film it just in case anything goes wrong with the live feed.

By the way to Wilco Worshipper it is awesome you got to get into see them play.

Thanks! It was truly a unique experience :D

Okay, last thing (I promise...well I'll try ;) )...

During dress rehearsal, Fred ad libbed during 'Weekend Update'. He said to Amy & Seth, "Did you catch Wilco?!? They were something. Nels Cline. Did you know that was Nels Cline?!? He played with Charlie Haden."

Not verbatim, but pretty cool nonetheless. I was kind of hoping he would've done that for the live version. Oh well...

Guest tandylacker

The show was definitely more entertaining than Wilco's performances. Hate It Here was sloppy sounding with the horns and Walken was out of tune for the last 30 seconds. Made me cringe. Good to see them on there though. With how bad most bands on there sound, I don't think they played half bad.

Let me tell to you something, it's been a long uphill slog getting my vso and kids even remotely into appreciating the band. My daughter is currently enamoured with Ellen Page, so we recorded the show and watched it all together tonight.

Comments on Wilco:

"Well, I have to say the band is really tight."

"I may have to reevaluate my opinion of them."

"Glenn is really cute."

"Who's the leader? Maybe they need someone with more charisma."

I thought that last one was priceless.