I need some help

I was double billed for some posters I bought at the show Tuesday night. Fox Trot Touring Corp was the name on my statement but they didn't have a phone number, I sent an email to management but besides that what can I do? The bank says that if I can't get in touch with them I'm stuck.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? If so, who did you contact to have it resolved?

Thanks to anyone who can offer me some assistance.

I love the band and I'm happy to support them but if they wanted me to donate another $40.00 they should have asked.

Guest Muncle Douchey

good luck. i doubt getting your money back on this one will be easy.

did anyone happen to witness the showdown at the merch booth after the tuesday night show at the riv? this dude and the merch lady were getting into because he was claiming she shorted him like $40 in change, which judging from her "kind" attitude i'm pretty sure she did. but nonetheless, he asked to speak to her supervisor, and she informed him she was the supervisor and he said something along the lines of...

"so what do i have to do to get my money back then? call wilco?"

and yeah, he was being serious.

good luck. i doubt getting your money back on this one will be easy.

did anyone happen to witness the showdown at the merch booth after the tuesday night show at the riv? this dude and the merch lady were getting into because he was claiming she shorted him like $40 in change, which judging from her "kind" attitude i'm pretty sure she did. but nonetheless, he asked to speak to her supervisor, and she informed him she was the supervisor and he said something along the lines of...

"so what do i have to do to get my money back then? call wilco?"

and yeah, he was being serious.

Sounds a lot like a Seinfeld episode I remember from back in the day. It didn't turn out well for George then either.

Seriously though, your bank should be backing you up on this thing. From the sound of things, you were using a debit card and not a credit card. If it was a credit card, I would expect them to really be backing you up as most credit cards will usually side with you when you make a claim of fraud or mistake. Bank debit cards can be less protective, but they really should be siding with you. Especially if by double billed you mean they charged you the exact same amount twice. I would go into your bank and ask to speak with the manager. Tell him you expect his company to take care of problems like this as it is obvious that a mistake was made. They paid the money out, they have a connection to the poster people. They can ask for it back, and ask to see a receipt for two charges (you only signed one, right?) You should not have to track them down. If he refuses, take your banking business elsewhere as there are plenty of banks out there.

Sounds a lot like a Seinfeld episode I remember from back in the day. It didn't turn out well for George then either.

Seriously though, your bank should be backing you up on this thing. From the sound of things, you were using a debit card and not a credit card. If it was a credit card, I would expect them to really be backing you up as most credit cards will usually side with you when you make a claim of fraud or mistake. Bank debit cards can be less protective, but they really should be siding with you. Especially if by double billed you mean they charged you the exact same amount twice. I would go into your bank and ask to speak with the manager. Tell him you expect his company to take care of problems like this as it is obvious that a mistake was made. They paid the money out, they have a connection to the poster people. They can ask for it back, and ask to see a receipt for two charges (you only signed one, right?) You should not have to track them down. If he refuses, take your banking business elsewhere as there are plenty of banks out there.

Thanks, I guess I will run over there and talk to someone face to face. I just got some member services girl on the phone and she didn't seem to helpful. She did say that they did not have any contact information for the company and they usually do come in with the charge.

The guy was having trouble with the scanner and was complaining to the facility as I was standing there. I don't know why he would have run my card twice though.

Thanks, I guess I will run over there and talk to someone face to face. I just got some member services girl on the phone and she didn't seem to helpful. She did say that they did not have any contact information for the company and they usually do come in with the charge.

The guy was having trouble with the scanner and was complaining to the facility as I was standing there. I don't know why he would have run my card twice though.

Face to face is always better. Take your copy of the receipt, explain your situation, stay calm but be very firm. Most financial institutions would rather write-off a loss than lose your business. Especially if we're talking about a small sum, $20-$50. They should have some way to contact the poster seller through the card processing service. If some company can just randomly ask for payment without leaving any trace of who, what, or where they are, I'd like to start such a company :ninja