(Free)Arcade Fire Benefit for Obama

Okay, so made the trek down to Nelsonville yesterday to be in line early, as to be sure to get into the show. Got down there 3 hours early and had no problem getting in. The place was packed(450 capacity) and it was really an awesome show. Found out while in line that they were planning on doing a second show at 9:30, for those that couldn't get into the first one. I ended up going to both shows. The second one has for 200 people or less. Maybe it was because I was on the floor for the second show, but it seemed better, higher energy, more crowd response, etc.

1st show:

Intervention

Keep the Car Running

Heroes(Bowie)

-student speaker break-

A Change is Gonna Come(Cooke)>

Rebellion

(Neighborhood #3)Power Out

Wake Up

Gimme Some Truth(Lennon)

2nd show:

Heroes

(Antichrist Television Blues)

song*

-student speaker break-

Gimme Some Truth

song*

song*

A Change is Gonna Come

*Either Wake Up, Power Out or Rebellion, I just can't remember which order they were.

This version of the band included Win, Will, Regine, Sarah, Jeremy and Colin. Colin opened both sets with 2 sax solos. They were incredible and he was producing sounds that I didn't know were possible with that instrument.

Win kept repeating that they were really excited to be there. They looked like they were having a blast. While the rally was for Obama, and AF was supporting him, I think Win's stronger message was one of just doing your part and voting and that a change is definitely needed if this country is going to survive. Overall a great night and a pretty good venue. The Avett Brothers are playing there in May and I'll probably go back.

I'm all for getting rid of W, but for a Canadian rock group to be involved in a US election...isn't that "meddling" in the affairs of a foreign state?

Two really great shows, I enjoyed it way more than seeing the full band on tour with LCD Soundsystem last year. Everyone was excited to be there, and the energy in that room was just intense. I just wish more people would have shown up for that second show...

I'm all for getting rid of W, but for a Canadian rock group to be involved in a US election...isn't that "meddling" in the affairs of a foreign state?

neil young is canadian, that hasn't stopped him from getting involved in political goings on in the USA.