i don't think it matters where you live in texas, there seems to be a superiority complex towards anywhere else in TX, the US and beyond. me, i am kinda partial to Cut and Shoot.

b

i don't have a superiority complex towards anywhere else in the US. i just hate houston and dallas.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston does suck.

Where are they playing?

The Verizon Wireless Theater in downtown. And Houston doesn't suck!

I'll be there, a tall guy probably wearing an LSU shirt of some type. Say hi if you see me!

I am going to Houston! Had tickets to both shows at Tipitina's. My son was sick so I couldn't go to last nights show. Went to leave this morning for night 2 and my wife was called in to work. I live in Houston but wasn't going to be able to attend the Houston show because my wife's sister is getting married Saturday in Austin(Rehearsal Dinner Friday Night). My wife knew how bummed I was and said miss the rehearsal dinner. Checked Ticketmaster even though "sold out". Have a ticket in the balcony. Long story but I'm excited. See you guys there!

i don't think it matters where you live in texas, there seems to be a superiority complex towards anywhere else in TX, the US and beyond. me, i am kinda partial to Cut and Shoot.

b

The one and only KKK rally I have ever seen in my entire life, was while I was driving thru Cut and Shoot about three years ago. Freaked my ass out. So I guess Iam the only one here who got your sarcasim.

The wife and I will be there. Just got my hotel room on priceline. $60 for the Hyatt downtown. Only half a mile from the Verizon. God I love priceline.

I'll be there. I'm bringing my dad. I've been trying to get him into Wilco for years and we've missed a few opportunities here and there to see them together so I'm really excited. It's been almost a year since I saw Tweedy solo in Dallas so I'm in need of a fix.

The Houston show is not sold out. I went to ticketmaster and clicked on the Houston show. I then clicked on 50 seats (the most you can buy) and it gave me the option of purchasing 50 tickets. So if anybody was planning on not going because they thought it was sold out, they still have a chance.

I am really surprised by this. If this was Austin, tickets would be going for twice face value, especially considering how far back they are going in the catalogue on the recent setlists.

I am really surprised by this. If this was Austin, tickets would be going for twice face value, especially considering how far back they are going in the catalogue on the recent setlists.

same thing happened in october '06 when they played in san antonio. jeff asked if anyone was from austin and practically the whole crowd yelled out that they were. then at the end he said, "have a safe drive home...back to austin." i don't quite understand why they're skipping austin again. i guess it's cause they know that lots of austin fans will drive to houston or san antonio, but the opposite might not be true.

i saw them at the verizon theater (what was that '05?) and loved it. that place is pretty cool.

The one and only KKK rally I have ever seen in my entire life, was while I was driving thru Cut and Shoot about three years ago. Freaked my ass out. So I guess Iam the only one here who got your sarcasim.

The wife and I will be there. Just got my hotel room on priceline. $60 for the Hyatt downtown. Only half a mile from the Verizon. God I love priceline.

Thanks. I didn't figure anyone was catching it. I guess I should have used a smiley or something. I was basically just commenting on the pretty consistent attitude I get from 'native' Texans and as far as the Austin, Dallas, Houston thing I really think it's kinda funny.

cheers,

b

we have without a doubt already established the fact that austin is the center of the universe i think that discussion might be better served in a different forum but i was wondering if you had ever heard of releasing tickets day of show or at least closer to the actual show date? maybe they don't do that in austin, i don't know. :thumbup

we have without a doubt already established the fact that austin is the center of the universe i think that discussion might be better served in a different forum but i was wondering if you had ever heard of releasing tickets day of show or at least closer to the actual show date? maybe they don't do that in austin, i don't know. :thumbup

Your right. That was half the fun of listening to fans on this board :thumbup whine because the Residency shows sold out in five minutes, only to have Ticketmaster release additional duckets just days before the first show.

Happens all the time.

:thumbup

I went and saw both New Orleans shows and now I'm back home to see this one. I really want to hear Spiders (Kidsmoke), hummingbird, and I am Trying to Break Your Heart because they didn't play those in New Orleans. I agree that Misunderstood would be a great opener. Also, just about every one of their songs is great live, but the one song that surprised me was Via Chicago. Impossible Germany, I'm man who loves you, Heavy Metal Drummer and a few others all got people going and jumping, but Via Chicago was so mesmerizing everyone was completely still. I hope to hear that song again.

i don't have a superiority complex towards anywhere else in the US. i just hate houston and dallas.

That's OK...I hear tell that Dallas and Houston aren't crazy about you.

good, thanks for your two cents.

dissing my home will not go unchallenged luv

dissing my home will not go unchallenged luv

No, dude. You don't understand. She's from Austin.

Once you move there from Asshole, Idaho, you automatically become as cool as you think the city of Austin is.

Then you wax sanctimoniously about how much better AUSTIN is than any other city and become oblivious to the gaping fucking yawns of everyone else around you.