Wilco to perform at Outside Lands Festival in SF This Summer

For the sake of tidiness, I've merged several threads into this one. Most of the substantive stuff starts with solace's post, here.

The Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival is set to take place in San Francisco's historic Golden Gate Park August 22-24 with Radiohead, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Jack Johnson and dozens of other bands and attractions. From singer-songwriters to DJs, jazz acts and cutting edge rock bands, all major music movements will be celebrated alongside a host of local musicians, food vendors and visual artists representing San Francisco's vibrant cultural community.

This green-conscious event will directly benefit the San Franscisco Recreation & Park Department with a special annual donation. The Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival is certain to be the ultimate summer destination for live music fans, and the fact that it will take place in the great city of San Francisco ensures an unparalleled entertainment experience. Come on out and join in the fun!

Full lineup, ticketing, on-sale and other information will be announced in the coming weeks at http://www.sfoutsidelands.com . Stay tuned!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's a rumor that Wilco will be among the bands playing at the Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco in August that Radiohead, Tom Petty and Jack Johnson are headlining, according to a posting on At Ease, the Radiohead fan message board. Anybody know if there's any substance to the rumor?

pneyu's bathroom will be closer to this festival than the hotel was in Pittsburgh!

Folks who've been to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass: I'm thinking they're going to use the same set-up, or something similar. I think they said on KFOG this morning, 60 bands on 5 stages. Although they might put a big-big-big stage, for the headliners, at the Polo Fields (it's an easy walk, I skipped over there from Hardly Strictly for my niece's soccer game).

HSBG Stages

Golden Gate Park

I seriously considered it! Carla Bozulich was supposed to be playing there, but then she cancelled. I definitely would have gone to see her. Other than that, I've seen it all before...

I seriously considered it! Carla Bozulich was supposed to be playing there, but then she cancelled. I definitely would have gone to see her. Other than that, I've seen it all before...

:stunned

If your memory stretches back that far, Pearl Jam, on their anti-Ticketmaster tour, played at the Polo Fields, and going back even further, the old WOMAD festival took place there as well. It's a pretty big expanse.

Yes, I think it was the Pearl Jam/Neil Young show that was there, but Eddie Vedder was sick and didn't perform. Is that right? I do know I listened to that show from our back windows. :)

Yes, I think it was the Pearl Jam/Neil Young show that was there, but Eddie Vedder was sick and didn't perform. Is that right? I do know I listened to that show from our back windows. :)

yes.

Pearl Jam played 8 songs before Ed got so sick he had to leave the stage

06/24/95 - Golden Gate Park: Polo Fields: San Francisco, CA [140m]

attendance: 53,440

support act: Crash and Brittany and Bad Religion

set: Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Go, Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You

"NeilJam" set: Big Green Country, Act of Love, Throw Your Hatred Down, Powderfinger, Truth Be Known, Rockin' in the Free World, The Needle and the Damage Done, Hey Hey My My, I'm the Ocean, Down By the River, Downtown, Cortez the Killer

enc: Peace and Love, Rockin' in the Free World

notes: Ed leaves the stage ill after seven songs. Neil takes the stage and the audience gets an impressive Mirrorball premier. The crowd behaves poorly.

i would have killed to see a Neil Jam show