Wilco to perform at Outside Lands Festival in SF This Summer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than 60 bands and performers - including Beck, Primus and Widespread Panic - have been signed for the Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival on five stages over three days, Aug. 22-24, in Golden Gate Park, producers announced Monday.

In addition to the already advertised headliners - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Radiohead and Jack Johnson - the colossal program will also feature Wilco, Manu Chao, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, and Steve Winwood.

Also appearing will be Rodrigo y Gabriela, Caf

I will be there, but I'm not happy about this line from the info guide on the website: "No Ins and Outs". Don't these people realize I get cranky at festivals, and need to decompress?!? I'm tempted to buy the VIP pass just to get a shot at a quiet space to hang out for some portion of the day(s), but it's three times the cost of the regular 3-day ticket ($695 vs. $225). Yikes. :omg

that no ins and outs thing is ridiculous. i don't think i've ever heard of a festival having that rule.

It's now official. They're playing. Unfortunately, the website doesn't say what day. I'm hoping it's the same day as Radiohead.

According to Wilcoworld.net, August 24th

I cannot express the way i feel about this festival except with smileys:

:dribble :thumbup :chickawow :dancing :hyper :rock :cheers :worship :music :eat :birthday :w00t :yes :wub :lol :D :P

Imagine how cool it would be if Beck, Wilco and Radiohead played the same day and stage especially Friday. Go to San Fran, do the festival for a day and either stay in the city or do a road trip.

Is your screen name a combo of Another Auctioneer and Star 69 by R.E.M.?

If so :rock

Is your screen name a combo of Another Auctioneer and Star 69 by R.E.M.?

If so :rock

Year of birth and one of my favourite REM songs. Just saw an email saying that they don't plan to sell individual day tkts which is unprecedented for a fest as far as I know and frankly complete wank. Why should I be forced to pay for day/days I don't plan attending especially when they might feature the talentless, boring and completely indefensible Jack Johnson.

I live in Seattle so am crossing my fingers that Wilco will be eco-friendly and play some West Coast dates around this show. It's completely unlikely but imagine Wilco supporting Radiohead for all of their August dates? Let's also hope that Beck is doing some more shows as it's been eighteen months to date since he has last played.

Just saw an email saying that they don't plan to sell individual day tkts which is unprecedented for a fest as far as I know and frankly complete wank. Why should I be forced to pay for day/days I don't plan attending especially when they might feature the talentless, boring and completely indefensible Jack Johnson.

rothbury festival is doing the same thing. is this the first year for outside lands? i know it is for rothbury and i think that has something to do with not selling one day tickets...they don't know what the demand would be. if they don't sell to capacity with the weekend passes, then they'll probably consider selling one day tickets.

It pains me to say this, but the last time I saw Beck (fall 2004? 2005?), he kind of sucked. I blame the scientology.

I've always just missed him. I am one of those fans who think he is somewhere between Genius and Fraud. I love "The Information" or at least the fist eleven songs.

It pains me to say this, but the last time I saw Beck (fall 2004? 2005?), he kind of sucked. I blame the scientology.

Did you see him before that, and he didn't suck? Because I'm pretty sure he's always been a scientologist. :lol

rothbury festival is doing the same thing. is this the first year for outside lands? i know it is for rothbury and i think that has something to do with not selling one day tickets...they don't know what the demand would be. if they don't sell to capacity with the weekend passes, then they'll probably consider selling one day tickets.

Yeah, first year for this festival. I agree, it seems crazy that they wouldn't sell single-day tickets, if they don't sell out the three-day passes.

Gogo is gorrect. If memory serves, Beck was raised a Scientologist.

I did see him before that, and he didn't suck! In fact he was pretty amazing. It was just after Sexx Laws came out and he was really really good. And I believe he was on a sabbatical from the Scientology. I can't say for sure, but I believe that to be the case. I will do some follow up and report back. If I decide that it really matters, which it probably does not.

Beck's scientology and no ins/outs be damned! I'm going. My awesome husband bought tix last night! I've been to SF only once. Any ideas for a cheap place to stay near the park? It doesn't look like there are any hotels within walking distance. I've found some B and B's, but will I mind walking around the park at night? Excellent restaraunts I can't miss?