Wilco to perform at Outside Lands Festival in SF This Summer

ok, who is responsible for scheduling the black keys and beck at the same time?! :realmad

i always have a great time at festivals, but do a good bit of grousing about the schedule.

40 minutes for rogue wave? c'mon! MORE!

sigh.

psst: thanks for the link, silent p! :cheers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been run by already, but I still can't get over the fact that Wilco is stuck behind Jack f-in Johnson. How does that happen. Taking my Wilco bias out of the equation I still don't see how it works. For a headliner you want someone who is going to rock the crowd into the night (ie: Radiohead, Tom Petty) not sing us to sleep with a lullaby. Just don't get it.

I know it's been run by already, but I still can't get over the fact that Wilco is stuck behind Jack f-in Johnson. How does that happen. Taking my Wilco bias out of the equation I still don't see how it works. For a headliner you want someone who is going to rock the crowd into the night (ie: Radiohead, Tom Petty) not sing us to sleep with a lullaby. Just don't get it.

Agreed, but really the only thing that sucks about it is that Wilco has a shorter set. In fact, it would be even better if they overlapped a little so as to weed out the chaff. Also, I'll leave right after Wilco, thus avoiding the mad crush exit.

See! The glass can be half full! and my husband thinks I'm a pessimist.

The glass can be half full! and my husband thinks I'm a pessimist.

Always nice to have a bit of positivity. It's the shorter set that gets me as well. I'd be with you with the leaving early to avoid the rush but I'll be with my sister who has decided to let me choose all of the shows to see for the weekend, and in return she does still want to catch a bit of Jack. I guess that's not asking too much.

Jack Johnson is far more popular than Wilco (And, being that I actually like him, he puts on a pretty great show.)

I was wary of him getting the sunset show on the main stage at Bonnaroo on Saturday, but it was really really great. The crowd was into it and he's a very likeable performer.

I will be there, but I'm not happy about this line from the info guide on the website: "No Ins and Outs".

I'm no longer seeing this on the info page. I've e-mailed to confirm, but being able to leave/come back would make for a much more relaxing weekend for me. :dancing

And I'm sure the folks organizing this have nothing better to do with their time today than to answer my pathetic little e-mails. :lol

Why yes, I am talking to myself here, thanks for asking. :stunned

As a general rule, attendees are not allowed to enter the festival gates more then once each day (i.e. re-entry is not allowed). However, if you absolutely must leave the festival and need to return the same day, BEFORE YOU EXIT the festival grounds, you must speak with a Supervisor at the main entrance/exit at Speedway Meadows so that an authorized pass can be issued to you to allow you to leave the festival grounds and return that same day. Remember you will not be allowed to return to the festival grounds if you leave the site without getting an authorized pass BEFORE you exit.

So pretty much, it's not encouraged/advertised, but it is possible to do it. I'm OK with that! :thumbup