Political Prisoner

Is anyone familiar with this situation? No need to argue immigration rights here, just curious about the guy that's been arrested...

34 days in jail so far

The above is too politically loaded to judge on that alone. The writer certainly believes the guy is a political prisoner.

Though it sounds as though the defendant is involved with the sort of militia group that skirts the dangerous border between overzealous patriot and white supremist, based on the information provided, which is, I imagine, only about half the story, it sounds as though the government is maybe sorta overreacting in this case.

However, given that there is no mention of what was found on the subjects hard drive(s), there really is no way for us to determine whether or not there is probable cause for holding him.

Final verdict: more information regarding the particulars of the case is required before I get out and climb aboard my soap box.

Jeff Schwilk, Founder

www.SanDiegoMinutemen.com

www.YouTube.com/SDMinutemen

The information presented gives no indication of what exactly the guy is involved in, so I can't make judgments on the reasons for his detention. However I do have a couple of observations... If the guys is truly being held on charges that he has no clue what they are, then that is not what our legal system is about. If he is being held with no clue about the charges and the basis of his arrest was the patriot act, then that shows that the Patriot act can be used domestically in ways critics claimed it could be used. Also the Minutemen strike me as being just the sort of right wing group that supports the patriot act and supports people (terrorists) being held without charge or without knowing what the charges are...just so long as the people being held are other people.