• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone from this board going to be recording this show?

Just wondering.

Thanks

Yes, I am calling my answering machine with my cell phone when they hit the stage. I will be standing near the soundboard so it should sound phenomenal. I'll have it posted to either bt.etree or DaD within 48 hours. I have pasted the lineage below.

Verizon Motorola Razr --> Cell Tower 56aTulOK --> Landline 400zt --> Comcast call box --> AT&T 5.8 Digital Home Answering Machine --> TapeBuurrn Converter --> FeSilofex B-006 filter --> Roxio AP Finder -->Upload

Yes, I am calling my answering machine with my cell phone when they hit the stage. I will be standing near the soundboard so it should sound phenomenal. I'll have it posted to either bt.etree or DaD within 48 hours. I have pasted the lineage below.

Verizon Motorola Razr --> Cell Tower 56aTulOK --> Landline 400zt --> Comcast call box --> AT&T 5.8 Digital Home Answering Machine --> TapeBuurrn Converter --> FeSilofex B-006 filter --> Roxio AP Finder -->Upload

I'd like a copy of this, as long as it's lossless.

Ha-ha-ha. I don't care who you are, that's pretty funny right there, now. That's right.

Can you tell me how good the quality will be? I think it will be an 'A' recording.

will wilco let you patch your cellphone in so we could get a 'soundboard' recording for this show?

b

That was hi-larious. Similar to something I saw on OiNK (RIP).

To answer the original poster's Q, I understand from one of the various threads just about this show that it will be recorded. No information on the quality, as the show hasn't happened yet.

I guess i can leave my rig at home and enjoy the show like a normal human for a change! :rock

very nice. could somebody please make me a cassette copy. 1st or 2nd gen ok. maxell xl2-s or tdk sax90's please. thanks.

Oh, if you get a cassette, you WILL share with me. That's, like, an administrative order, almost. :thumbup

Before I collapse, a brief report...

Cain's Ballroom is the coolest! Tonight was a very fun, loose show. Jeff took voice steroids! :pirate

Ashes of American Flags was soundchecked and was on the setlist, but not played. The Lonely 1 was also slated to be the closer, but they rocked it out instead.

Here was the setlist:

You Are My Face

Muzzle of Bees

One By One

California Stars

Impossible Germany

Handshake Drugs

I'm Always In Love

A Shot in the Arm

Side With The Seeds

She's a Jar

Jesus, etc.

Pick Up The Change

Airline to Heaven

Forget the Flowers

At My Window Sad and Lonely

Hotel Arizona

War on War

Via Chicago

The Late Greats

--------------------

Hate It Here

Heavy Metal Drummer

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

it was an amazing show as always. Hi-lite of the night was Nels' amp/guitar/chord (don't know which part actually wasn't working) during the first half of Walken. Every time they hit a break for Nels to fill, it was just silent. Everybody seemed to get a laugh out of this. When they finally got his slide guitar up and running in time for his solo, the crowd erupted. It was great.

Clay, thanks to you and Drew for making this show the best yet. Looking forward to the pix!

Cheers.

The show was definitely taped...I saw a mic stand dead center, 40 feet back from stage.

And the show was amazing. Best Wilco show I have seen, and I said that the last time they played Cain's. Totally rocked out the second half of the show...Jeff with his Roses suit. Light on Banter, likely due to the voice issues, but they little that was there was nothing but complimentary and reverent to the venue, which is truly one of the greats anywhere. And the crowd was great... He took a steroid shot from some Doctor in Tulsa...apparently it was some sort of miracle drug, cause he was screaming like he always does during Wheel... of course the doc had been given tickets and was in the front row shaking his head, saying "this is why you have no voice"...

I'm Always In Love

:dancing

At My Window Sad and Lonely

:w00t

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

i cannot get enough of this!

Hoodoo Voodoo

:dancing when i heard jeff's voice in houston i thought, well no hoodoo voodoo tonight.

paul, did jeff say he was better or that the medication was helping?

hope you managed to get a little sleep last night! :cheekkiss

ps. the la quinta in has half & half for coffee!!

it was an amazing show as always. Hi-lite of the night was Nels' amp/guitar/chord (don't know which part actually wasn't working) during the first half of Walken. Every time they hit a break for Nels to fill, it was just silent. Everybody seemed to get a laugh out of this. When they finally got his slide guitar up and running in time for his solo, the crowd erupted. It was great.

Clay, thanks to you and Drew for making this show the best yet. Looking forward to the pix!

Cheers.

...I believe it was the cord, his amp was emitting a horrendous low frequency buzz...nels quite the comedian rubbing his slide guitar on him head, etc...that guy is from another planet...cudos to roadie...

Great freaking show. My ears are still ringing. Hotel Arizona was the request I sent in, and to hear it played was amazing. Got You, Kingpin, Hoodoo, Monday and Wheel to close it out...are you fucking kidding me?

Does anybody know why this was being videotaped?

The video crew has been on board since the Nashville show and is following them through Des Moines. They're doing a doc on the band. My guess is that it will actually be a concert film since the Kicking Television documentary was scrapped, and the interviews from outside Cain's (and other venues) would be used either to bridge songs in the film from venue to venue or as bonus features on a DVD. Of course, just my opinion..........