• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a show! :dancing

Just when I think their live show can't get any better, they go and blow me away once again. I spoke to several fans who've been to many Wilco gigs ... all said this one was way up there. :rock

I was thinking about the quality of this Wilco show in comparison to the other 15 or so i have seen, and i have come to the conclusion that they are the most consistent band i have ever seen live.

After every Wilco show i walk out of the venue and i feel something special has occurred. But better than the last show? They all are fucken' great!

The venue has a lot to do with my enjoyment at most shows but truthfully Wilco could play in a bullshit corporate arena and still probably give their audience the intimate feel and passion as they do in small historic venues.

They are the most fan friendly band on the planet, and there is no better way to experience this than seeing them live! :worship

Definitely an amazing show. Anybody know where I can pick up a recording? I looked on bt.etree but I don't see it up there yet.

WOW! according to my tape of the gig this post was made exactly 36 hours from the time the band walked off the stage in Tulsa and the first grovel. That's gotta be close to a via chicago recored.

Great first post man! ;)

What a great show. The band sounded great! I want to thank Stan Doty (FOH/Sound guy) for looking out for tapers. He has always been extremely nice to me and other tapers. He is the man!!! I hope to get the show out to everyone in the very near future.

Phil

What a great show. The band sounded great! I want to thank Stan Doty (FOH/Sound guy) for looking out for tapers. He has always been extremely nice to me and other tapers. He is the man!!! I hope to get the show out to everyone in the very near future.

Phil

Thanks dude, much appreciated :thumbup

good things will come to those who wait... ;)

'cept, I looked on here last week and someone posted the show before it happened. That is how good and how friendly Wilco is w/ tapers. They played the show for the tapers only, before the 8th. wow.

it was an amazing show as always. Hi-lite of the night was Nels' amp/guitar/chord (don't know which part actually wasn't working) during the first half of Walken. Every time they hit a break for Nels to fill, it was just silent. Everybody seemed to get a laugh out of this. When they finally got his slide guitar up and running in time for his solo, the crowd erupted. It was great.

I thought it interesting someone else in the band did not fill Nils parts after seeing the tech trouble he was having. It would have been cool to maybe hear Mikael or Pat fill in with some keys or even Glen with a improve drum solo in place of the slide.

I thought it interesting someone else in the band did not fill Nils parts after seeing the tech trouble he was having. It would have been cool to maybe hear Mikael or Pat fill in with some keys or even Glen with a improve drum solo in place of the slide.

It worked better without that simply for comic relief.

P.S. How did some fans get the "fan club" tickets? I bought my tix on Dec. 12 from Music Today and had them mailed to me, but wasn't aware of any VIP type option. Not that it mattered much, I was pretty close anyway. Just wondering ...

I bought mine the same day and they said "fan club," so I don't know why yours didn't.

This show reminded me how much I love Cain's. I saw the last show the band played there as well, and was very glad I was able to make it back for this one. I thought the set they played was a perfect fit for the night. I'm pleased that I finally saw Jeff's fancy suit in action!

I took a ton of pics (shotgun approach), and think there are some definite keepers in there. Nels was in pretty low light, and he plays so fast it's almost always a blur. Of course, the vast majority are of Jeff, because he's at center-stage in the best light. Of course, my sister-in-law accuses me of a budding "bro-mance" with JT. (Guilty as charged.) That, and his Nudie suit demanded that I come away with one great pic of it. (Hope that's the case.) I also think there's some cool ones of Glenn in the back. From my vantagepoint, about 2-3 back just left of Jeff's mic, he's often covered up. I'll try to cull through them tonight and upload the best of the best, along with a forward to Rob at Wilcobase for his flickr sites. I plan to give some album cover art to the tapers who were there, and might also make some more Wilco wallpapers.

-Clay

I'll just bet there are definitely some "keepers" among your pics, Clay! :yes I'm looking forward to seeing them! :thumbup

It worked better without that simply for comic relief.

The recording i captured does not agree ;)

I just think as tight as this band plays together someone could have pulled up the slack. But the way it looked to me was they were a bit lost during those parts of the song. Although i think they did a great job keeping the song going. God help us if that was a Ryan Adams show. There may have been bloodshed ;)

Standing right in front of Nels, there was a faint buzz coming from his instrument every time he tried to play it and it appeared they tried to fit different lines into it to get it going and it finally worked and it was pretty funny. To be honest, when I saw Jeff mouthing "Walken" to the band in the encore, I was kinda bummed cause I've hear dit so many times, but the great trouble Nels had made it my fave version ever.

Hey did anyone notice Jeff wiping what appeared to be a tear (maybe) away after either "One By One" or "At my Window...?" At least, it looked like it from my POV.

Caught glenn walking out the front door after the soundcheck. Very cool. Pat And Mike came out earlier (met them before). Knew for sure The Tweed wasn't going out the front.

Yeah, getting in the fan club line was pretty F-ing sweet. Can't wait for the recording!!! LOUDEST SHOW EVER!!!! Never again w/o ear plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: To the hot bitch with the Joey Lauren Adams voice who wouldn't STFU during Doe's great set: AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

My photos are now online ...

Gallery 1

http://homepage.mac.com/claybillman/Wilco/PhotoAlbum7.html

Gallery 2

http://homepage.mac.com/claybillman/Wilco/PhotoAlbum7.html

Haven't heard back from Rob at Wilcobase, but will send him these pics to host on his flickr galleries as well.

Clay! You have out done yourself with those pictures. I thought your wichita picts could not get any better but then i see your work at Cain's. The band should hire you. Think what you could do if you had all area access instead of having to work with a bunch of fans surrounding you at the foot of the stage. Well done and great detail! :worship

The band should hire you. Think what you could do if you had all area access instead of having to work with a bunch of fans surrounding you at the foot of the stag. Well done and great detail! :worship

A bunch of fans surrounding me at the foot of the stage is EXACTLY WHERE I WANT TO BE ...

:dancing

I'm afraid if I became a "journalist" in the photo pit I'd lose much of my fan experience ... The reward for me is standing in line to get up front and being part of the crowd. I took a ton of pics Saturday, but for much of the night I put my camera away and just enjoyed the moment.

(Thanks for the kind words, though. I'll work on some special album art for you.)

in the new Rolling Stone, there's an article about Wilco's residency, and they talk about their upcoming tour and they mention that Cain's is one of Tweedy's favorite venues and his quote is something like "i can't think of any other place where both Bob Wills and the Sex Pistols have played."