How did you come by your VC Handle?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to tell everyone it's from the Laurie Anderson song Sharkey's Day ...

Oooeee Sharkey. Yeah. He's Mister Heartbreak.
... because I figure it gives me some sort of indie cred, which I sorely lack.

But actually it's because I am such a heartbreaker.

my original name, Flick, was my husband's surname before his stepfather adopted him. just think, if he had not adopted him, my real name would be Jessica Flick!

I signed on this site as w1lc0g1rl, thinking it was going to be my super secret uncrackable letter and number password. I entered that while thinking what I wanted my screen name to be, and ... whoops, there I was! I later changed it to wilcogirl because looking at it hurt my brain. I briefly changed it to paria to keep in theme with my desert soutwest motif I have going on here (Paria Canyon) as I love Utah and its canyons, but I changed back. I am tuliptree on another forum, and I have thought about changing it to that, but after three years . . . I guess I am sticking to wilcogirl. After all I love Wilco, and I am a girl, pretty deep! :blush :lol

I signed on this site as w1lc0g1rl, thinking it was going to be my super secret uncrackable letter and number password. I entered that while thinking what I wanted my screen name to be, and ... whoops, there I was! I later changed it to wilcogirl because looking at it hurt my brain. I briefly changed it to paria to keep in theme with my desert soutwest motif I have going on here (Paria Canyon) as I love Utah and its canyons, but I changed back. I am tuliptree on another forum, and I have thought about changing it to that, but after three years . . . I guess I am sticking to wilcogirl. After all I love Wilco, and I am a girl, pretty deep! :blush :lol

You just earned thirty points for a. quoting Kurt Vonnegut, and b. linking to abbeyweb and c. for accepting my hand in marriage.

So Wilco says watch me fall somewhere, huh?

EDIT: Oh, that other band. I don't really know them.

Seriously?

It's an Uncle Tupelo song. Sorry I thought you were trying to be funny like JUDE.

The Dude is a name that no that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But I have been an unemployed bum living in Los Angeles within walking distance of both a Ralph's and an In-and-Out Burger, and I thought this Wilco board needed a Dude, perhaps even more than the Dude needed it.

Reni was the nickname I picked up in Manchester, England when I used to hang out at the Dog and Partridge (a block from Old Trafford) with a bunch of Red Army hoolie type guys when I was a football obsessive and traveled all over England photographing football, grounds and fans......Reni The Red......that's me.

The D&P is now a parking garage :(

You just earned thirty points for a. quoting Kurt Vonnegut, and b. linking to abbeyweb and c. for accepting my hand in marriage.

Is that for a total of 90 points? Or is it 30 for the whole a,b and c grouping?

And cheers to you for appreciating my Abbey and Vonnegut references!

Picture 140px-Kang.jpg with a chef's hat on. He is from a Tree House of Horror episode that spoofs the Twilight Zone's "To Serve Man" episode.

If you wanted to make Serak the Preparer cry, mission accomplished.

I was a huge Simpsons fan, but i haven't seen them in about 5 years now. I should really change my name.

I like to tell everyone it's from the Laurie Anderson song Sharkey's Day ...

... because I figure it gives me some sort of indie cred, which I sorely lack.

But actually it's because I am such a heartbreaker.

I actually thought you got that from "Dong Work For Yuda".

"John's got a sausage that will make you fart

John's got a sausage that will BREAK YOUR HEART"

:lol

Reni was the nickname I picked up in Manchester, England when I used to hang out at the Dog and Partridge (a block from Old Trafford) with a bunch of Red Army hoolie type guys when I was a football obsessive and traveled all over England photographing football, grounds and fans......Reni The Red......that's me.

The D&P is now a parking garage :(

Ok, now I

"Crowjack" originated in 1996 as an homage to the fictional Character Jack Crow, not the Mystery Science Theater character.

I have been Crowjack on every message board, newsgroup, torrent group, etc. since.

Most people who only know me from the internet call me Crow. I don't think anyone here or anywhere else on the internets know my given name. And if you pay attention, you will notice that I refer to my children, spouse and friends by nicknames alone: D-man, Magic K, Downtown, All the young girls love, Toby etc.

I changed to the "Porkchop" and "Cornbread" given name because...I want a real nickname. I always thought Food nicknames were cool.

Peanutbutter Crow

Pudding Crow

However, Ego Crow will be my next handle here. Followed by Id Crow. There will be no Super Ego Crow because I have no conscience.

It's my first initial and my middle name, as I am actually named Loretta Lynn.

Very appropriate for a gal from Arkansas to be named Loretta