How did you come by your VC Handle?

We used to go to El Famous Burrito - until we found out the owner was a cranky, cheapwad, Republican. (well, according to Graham, just the franchise location near our house)

They do make a pretty darn tasty burrito though. I think Graham still sneaks over there from time to time :lol ....there is one within walking distance of our apartment.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really care...LouieB was my IRC handle back in the pre-GUI days of the internet......(something few people remember...)

LouieB

I remember those days ... I did my share of IRC back in '86 or '87 ... using my school's mainframe. :lol

I remember those days ... I did my share of IRC back in '86 or '87 ... using my school's mainframe. :lol

There was something so funky about the IRC. I have not logged on in years, but even when I did, the same old folks were still there....

LouieB

I was basil at first,then the board crashed shortly thereafter......erasing my account. I became Basil II ....after the Byzantine Emperor...(976-1025)

I'm screwded......if the board crashes again..............there was no Basil III.......

I worked over time coming up with mine, as you can see. Should I change it to something more interesting? I still wish i knew who I met at the res shows by VC name... I know some of you but quite a few , not so sure..

• 5 months later...

very interesting -- i guess this thread went on while i was still oblivious to this forum of vc.

i'm sweetheart-mine because "sweetheart mine" were the very first words i ever heard tweedy sing -- when i channel-surfed to ovation and they were running the "man in the sand" documentary. whoa, who is THIS voice!!!???!!!

just to be thorough: it's from "roses bloom again."

stuka.jpg

"The Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber was the classic precision bomber which provided very effective "airborne artillery" support to the rapidly advancing columns of German tanks in their Blitzkrieg tactic. Its main disadvantage was that it was a slow and easy target for enemy fighters." :hmm

"As if the sight and sound of an enemy bomber diving right at you is not frightening enough, Adolf Hitler ordered to equip the Stuka with a screaming siren that made the sound of its dive far more frightening, giving it a greatly enhanced psychological effect which terrorized enemy civilians and soldiers alike, including some anti-aircraft gunners who could fire at it and did not."

STOOKA DIVE BOMBER was a phrase my brother used on me when I was just a toddler. Probably because I ran through the house screaming and at times carried quite a smelly payload in my diaper - if you know what I mean. Prime name-callin' material for a 14 yr old brother.

Have yet to come across a duplication when it comes to registering online, so it's easy to use.

Not very original, but LouieB was my original IRC handle. The IRC was and is the Internet Relay Chat, the original chatrooms of the internet, orginally a text only affair. Been online a long time causing problems.

LouieB