i understand what you are saying, but that kind of makes an assumption that all or, at least, a large % of 'obama supporters' have a problem w/ a candidate being religious/christian. going back to what i said about faith influencing how one makes decisions versus their chosen religious doctrine making the decisions for them, the fundamental difference between said supporters comparing obama to a GW or Huckabee is likely one of policy. meaning, at least from my standpoint, obama's relgious beliefs are not causing a conflicted stance on certain issues w/in the democratic platform...unlike W and Huckabee.

to criticize huckabee/W for being christians and not do the same for obama is one thing...criticizing them for how their religious views conflict w/ an individuals stance on certain issues, another.

I'm not so sure that Huckabee should be lumped in with W. Granted, he is a Baptist preacher, but he didn't seem to be as bad as Bush on this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that all men are perverts.

:wave

I'm not so sure that Huckabee should be lumped in with W. Granted, he is a Baptist preacher, but he didn't seem to be as bad as Bush on this.

you could be right...i never really gave it much thought. huckabee's stance on certain issues, based on his religious views or not, were enough of a reason not to vote for him. people who speak to their faith openly don't bother me...i don't find it offensive unless that expression includes the belittlement or oppression of others in it's context.

Hucabee as far as I can see was Invented to fuck up the race. Seriously John Mcain you do all realise that John Kerry asked him to be his running mate laughs.

Concerning the democrats it is becoming very entertaining watching how desprate one Hilary Clinton wants this. Her ambition is so ugly. Its like she was promised something that she is not getting. Remember back in 04 all the critisism she was getting for allegedly wanting the democrats to loose so she could run in 08.

Then again Obama got the rocafella endorsment. Hes the one!(neo)

Hes the one!(neo)
Hucabee as far as I can see was Invented to fuck up the race. Seriously John Mcain you do all realise that John Kerry asked him to be his running mate laughs.

Concerning the democrats it is becoming very entertaining watching how desprate one Hilary Clinton wants this. Her ambition is so ugly. Its like she was promised something that she is not getting. Remember back in 04 all the critisism she was getting for allegedly wanting the democrats to loose so she could run in 08.

Then again Obama got the rocafella endorsment. Hes the one!(neo)

For some reason I feel like I'm going to get drunk tonight and this going to make perfect sense. :stunned

The psychoactive effects of cannabis, known as a "high", are subjective and can vary based on the individual. Some effects may include general change in consciousness (altered perception); mild euphoria; feelings of well-being, relaxation or stress reduction; lethargy; increased appreciation of humor, music or art; joviality; metacognition and introspection; enhanced recollection of episodic memory; increased sensuality; increased awareness of sensation; increased libido; creative or philosophical thinking; disruption of linear memory; paranoia, agitation or anxiety; potentiation of other psychedelics and increased awareness of patterns and color.

The psychoactive effects of cannabis, known as a "high", are subjective and can vary based on the individual. Some effects may include general change in consciousness (altered perception); mild euphoria; feelings of well-being, relaxation or stress reduction; lethargy; increased appreciation of humor, music or art; joviality; metacognition and introspection; enhanced recollection of episodic memory; increased sensuality; increased awareness of sensation; increased libido; creative or philosophical thinking; disruption of linear memory; paranoia, agitation or anxiety; potentiation of other psychedelics and increased awareness of patterns and color.

We have a winner, only way to make sense of what I said. Seriously though I just read the last two pages of this disscussion and I dont no what I was thinking :stunned lol.

So I'll apoligize for stupidity, and try to add something productive to the conversation next time.

Word is Bond

We have a winner, only way to make sense of what I said. Seriously though I just read the last two pages of this disscussion and I dont no what I was thinking :stunned lol.

So I'll apoligize for stupidity, and try to add something productive to the conversation next time.

Word is Bond

It's cool. I laughed for 10 minutes over the Hes the one(neo).

Barak's association with Tony Rezko is getting even more attention after an interview with the Trib. While I support Obama, an entire adult lifetime in Chicago has taught me never to trust any Chicago or Illinois poltitian too far. Okay so maybe nothing illegal went on, but you can bet Barak still owed something to Tony for all his "help". For those in other states gushing about the new world Barak will usher in, don't get too carried away. Politics is a dirty dirty business and even this guy isn't exactly Mr. Clean by any stretch of the imagination.

Meanwhile Barak and Hillary are going to keep kicking ass until the convention and dirt will continue to come out on both of them. Either way, we will have a Democratic President, if something really outrageous on the national security horizion doesn't upet this thing.

LouieB

Meanwhile Barak and Hillary are going to keep kicking ass until the convention and dirt will continue to come out on both of them. Either way, we will have a Democratic President, if something really outrageous on the national security horizion doesn't upet this thing.

LouieB

That's a really important point Lou. The whole uproar over the "Protect America" act, and whether or not our security is being compromised by letting it expire is a political time-bomb (sorry for the pun, not meant to be funny).

God forbid that anything should happen from now until this legislation finally gets passed in some form. Aside from the obvious tragedy that would result from an attack of some kind this would be used against the Dems in such a way that it could just cripple the party for a long long time.

I simply cannot understand why this issue is not being dealt with. If it IS so crucially important then let's get on with it! I'm not in the conspiracy-theorist camp, but if W keeps threatening to veto any bill that does not include retroactive immunity how can we not assume that it's because there are things in there that, if found out, would result in the prosecution of many in his Administration? Otherwise I'm sure we could reach some compromise. When that bastard tells us "trust me" he seems to forget that we've been lied to for so long that trust is simply not possible anymore (if it ever was).

Obama's speech on race today:

"A More Perfect Union"

Constitution Center

Tuesday, March 18th, 2008

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"We the people, in order to form a more perfect union."

Two hundred and twenty one years ago, in a hall that still stands across the street, a group of men gathered and, with these simple words, launched America's improbable experiment in democracy. Farmers and scholars; statesmen and patriots who had traveled across an ocean to escape tyranny and persecution finally made real their declaration of independence at a Philadelphia convention that lasted through the spring of 1787.

The document they produced was eventually signed but ultimately unfinished. It was stained by this nation's original sin of slavery, a question that divided the colonies and brought the convention to a stalemate until the founders chose to allow the slave trade to continue for at least twenty more years, and to leave any final resolution to future generations.

Of course, the answer to the slavery question was already embedded within our Constitution