Stephen Malkmus and The Jicks

Janet was amazing to watch last night (as always), but Stephen and the band were pretty damn lethargic to the point of boring at times. a lot of the jams never really went anywhere. someone i know said it best "it sounds like they're gonna break into 'Sweet Melissa' on every song" :lol. Stephen also seemed pretty drunk too.

the crowd's lack of energy didn't exactly help either

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic show last night. They blazed through most of the new record and it sounded phenomenal. Stephen was a little sloppy at times, but his energy more than made up for it. And Janet...well, she's a goddess.

So looking forward to the show tonight! I was going to have to skip it, but it looks like the snow will keep me in town. I hope they drove from Milwaukee last night - it was dry and clear the whole way.

How has Vanderslice been? I've been listening to his last two records over the past week or two when I saw he was the opener, and I've really started to enjoy them. Playing with a band or solo?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Call me slow if you wish, but I just got this.

I'm diggin' it.

How's it holding up for those of you who liked it initially?

it's not a passing fad record, so i would think it would stay.

of course, a lot of music has come out so i don't listen to it as much.

i'm wondering why they haven't added anything else to Buy Early Get Now. they added stuff for a while with the New P's release i believe.

• 1 month later...
These are now up on buyearlygetnow.com.

yes, so cool!

i wonder if my e-mails to them had anything to do with it?

=)

i also asked at the time if there was any way to get that OOP bonus disc that originally came with Pig Lib and they said to check back that it would be available digitally - though i have not checked back.