• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

112gordo1975.jpg115skyspy1975.jpg 111babybat1975.jpg

Graphically, they remind me of those books they used to sell at gas stations....I think they were private investigator type books that came with a "magic pen" to reveal the answers that were in "invisible ink". Does anyone remember those? I have no idea what they were called, but they usually came with an orange colored magic marker that had clear ink!!!. The covers looked a lot like those kite packages. I got one for the car ride every time we made the drive to Cape Cod.

Graphically, they remind me of those books they used to sell at gas stations....I think they were private investigator type books that came with a "magic pen" to reveal the answers that were in "invisible ink". Does anyone remember those? I have no idea what they were called, but they usually came with an orange colored magic marker that had clear ink!!!. The covers looked a lot like those kite packages. I got one for the car ride every time we made the drive to Cape Cod.

I remember books like that. I think one was a baseball book. There would be a grid, and you would use the pen to unveil a square, which would give you a strike, out, hit, ball, HR, etc. Also football, battleship, and other games...

I seem to recall that these books were sold alongside Mad Libs books?

I almost posted a water rocket the other day when I was in this thread.

I think at one point I had one that had a plastic propeller on the front that was hooked to a rubber band. You wound the propeller backwards to twist up the rubber band, then let it go.

Fun stuff.

jetstream.jpg

I remember books like that. I think one was a baseball book. There would be a grid, and you would use the pen to unveil a square, which would give you a strike, out, hit, ball, HR, etc. Also football, battleship, and other games...

I seem to recall that these books were sold alongside Mad Libs books?

Yes! They were alongside the Mad Libs! I don't remember the ones with games, although it could be that I just wasn't interested in those. I would get ones that had detective stories and clues you'd unveil with the pen. I think I got ones with word games too. I had forgotten all about them until I saw the kite packages.

Yes! They were alongside the Mad Libs! I don't remember the ones with games, although it could be that I just wasn't interested in those. I would get ones that had detective stories and clues you'd unveil with the pen. I think I got ones with word games too. I had forgotten all about them until I saw the kite packages.

The pen was white with an orange cap, right?

WaterRocket.jpg

Aaaah! How did I forget about all these things?

Jugband Christmas, holy shit.

I had that Fisher Price gas station thing, too. I worked them sons-a-bitches hard.

Anybody have these?:

Hitstix1-2.jpg

YES! I think I had one that was all orange, but you're right, the standard was white pen, orange cap.

I was addicted to those!

I had one of those. I believe there was a crank that worked the elevator, and it rang the bell that sat on top of the tower.

I used to use my Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars to play with it -- they were too small, but they got up to a pretty good speed coming down the curved ramp.

I made $10 from my grandmother for helping paint her summer cottage when I was ten. I took the money to my town square and bought one Yes & Know Invisible Ink Book, one large bone chew toy for my dog, and Men At Work's "It's A Mistake" 45 single. Man, that was a day.

I made $10 from my grandmother for helping paint her summer cottage when I was ten. I took the money to my town square and bought one Yes & Know Invisible Ink Book, one large bone chew toy for my dog, and Men At Work's "It's A Mistake" 45 single. Man, that was a day.

Ah, memories.