• 1 month later...
  • Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CD longboxes

masterpic1-large-medium.jpg

good riddance...those things were SO hard to steal.

(totally kidding btw. i didn't steal music until napster :ninja ...which could, at this point, have it's own entry in "the nostalgia thread.")

• 1 month later...

Receiving handwritten letters or cards from friends and family in the mail. All we get in the mail anymore are ads, junk mail, and bills. Packages ordered from Amazon and the like are expected and not quite the same as a surprise friendly note. E-mail, Facebook, texting, etc. are great, but something handwritten has a special touch that is becoming a lost art.

Ha. I totally had a pair.

So did I until I got married.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I still had this:

knievel+12.jpg

My cousin had one of these. I loved it. Was there a wind-up handle on the other side of this contraption? From some blurred, old memory, I seem to recall this was how you got the back wheel spinning.

Phone books! So many people and businesses aren't listed in them anymore as they ditch land lines or younger adults who never had a land line in the first place.

Even some newer businesses aren't listed in phone books anymore, even if they have land line phone numbers. There are places I want to call now and then (order takeout, etc.) that I know have been around at least a couple of years but aren't listed in either of our 2 current phone books in yellow or white pages. Usually I can find them online, but sometimes the computer isn't on and my ipod isn't in immediate reach, and I just want to pick up that phone book right next to the phone and find it alphabetically!

That's just something that I have to get used to... There's a Wilco lyric for most every occasion.