WXRT, here in Chicago, just had their 1990s flashback weekend. Goddamn. It doesn't seem like THAT long ago. At least, it doesn't until I sit and think of it for a little bit.

Shit.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WXRT, here in Chicago, just had their 1990s flashback weekend. Goddamn. It doesn't seem like THAT long ago. At least, it doesn't until I sit and think of it for a little bit.

Shit.

That is a bit unsettling, isn't it! When I was a teenager in the '80s, I was enchanted by '60s oldies stations and how cool those ancient songs were. Now, there is more time distance between the '80s and now than there was between the '60s and '80s when I was in my teens.

That is a bit unsettling, isn't it! When I was a teenager in the '80s, I was enchanted by '60s oldies stations and how cool those ancient songs were. Now, there is more time distance between the '80s and now than there was between the '60s and '80s when I was in my teens.

Yep.

Same thing. We must be around the same age.

Damn it I was just thinking about that exact same thing! It's so damn shocking.

I am hitting major mid-life crisis mode starting just recently.

I am hitting major mid-life crisis mode starting just recently.

Hang in there!

I think/hope I am finally wrapping one up myself that was up and down over 10 years.. I tempered it by Wilcoizing my life, having kids, letting go of Wilco, spending lots of time with my kids, coming back to Wilco, distancing my reaction to criticism and other negativity, and letting go with a creative streak that I hope will go on for awhile. It all keeps the peace for now.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Didn't know what thread to use but this one is as good as any, my Days of Dungeon and Dragons are long gone. This cracked me up:

bridge.jpg

Love it. I'm currently at a conference/boondoggle in Lake Geneva WI, so I've been thinking about D&D. (Where Gary Gygax is from, and where the initial D&D production company was from). Gygax is my wife's first cousin, twice removed (her grandma's first cousin).

I recall spending more time/enjoying creating new characters than actually playing the game. Nobody in my clique really understood how to be an effective dungeon master. But we all loved pouring over the monster manual.