dream opening band for wilco

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollinger

I am all about them bringing John Doe on the road again. Carla Bozulich was incredible. Otherwise, I would have loved to see them with MMJ or Dr. Dog. Maybe Will Oldham. How about Mike Watt? You have the Nels connection there...

I recently saw Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, and Ryan Adams opened with a 5-song acoustic set.

I don't see why Tweedy couldn't do the same.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tweedy solo, but I don't think Jeff would do that b/c its not Jeff Tweedy & Wilco, its Wilco. Everybody in Wilco does solo/side projects and I be very surprised to see him draw extra personal attention at a Wilco show (though I agree, it would be sweet if it happened in a vacuum).

My vote is for Arcade Fire -- though it might have to be a double-bill nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tweedy solo, but I don't think Jeff would do that b/c its not Jeff Tweedy & Wilco, its Wilco. Everybody in Wilco does solo/side projects and I be very surprised to see him draw extra personal attention at a Wilco show (though I agree, it would be sweet if it happened in a vacuum).

My vote is for Arcade Fire -- though it might have to be a double-bill nowadays.

He used to do this. I agree that he won't anymore but when Wilco first came out, Jeff would come out and play a couple UT songs solo acoustic. Great stuff.

It would have been so amazing to see Dr. Dog open for the boys. I've seen Dr. Dog plenty of times and they just put on such a great show, you can actually feel how much fun and joy they are experiencing. Next to Dr. Dog as a dream opener, I'd like to see The Sea And Cake open for Wilco. It would be a huge Chicago love-fest. And they're a kick ass band.

Guest Jules
I would have loved to see them with MMJ...

I think Jeff is smart enough not to follow these guys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tweedy solo, but I don't think Jeff would do that b/c its not Jeff Tweedy & Wilco, its Wilco. Everybody in Wilco does solo/side projects and I be very surprised to see him draw extra personal attention at a Wilco show.

This is a joke, right?