Big Perm's Tourney Pick Em'!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insulting the Michigan basketball team is not a way to make me mad.

Wait...you guys still have a team up there?? That's cute. So when does football practice start, anyway? Maybe that other coach you guys snagged from WVU will have better luck with his team.

I'm actually relieved that OSU didn't make it. Its so much easier to objectively fill out a bracket when you don't feel obligated to advance your alma mater at least a round or two. I don't have the "divided loyalties" problem this year since Georgetown is the only one of my favorite teams that actually made it...and I like their chances. :dancing

Just finished loading brackets onto half a dozen sites, this one included. Some for moolah, some for fun. Leaving work early for KY's game on Thursday. In high school in Kentucky when Louisville, Kentucky or Indiana would play during the daytime in the first round, we would always get to watch the games in school during the second half of the day. Lots and lots of others would just skip altogether to stay home and watch. Big time culture around all 3 of those teams when I was in high school late 80's - early 90's.

Seriously, dude?

KU's world famous Rock Chalk Chant evolved from a cheer that a chemistry professor, E.H.S. Bailey, created for the KU science club in 1886. Bailey's version was "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU" repeated three times. The rahs were later replaced by "Rock Chalk," a transposition of chalk rock, the name for the limestone outcropping found on Mount Oread, site of the Lawrence campus.

The cheer became known worldwide. Teddy Roosevelt pronounced it the greatest college chant he'd ever heard. Legend has it that troops used the chant when fighting in the Philippines in 1899, in the Boxer Rebellion in China, and in World War II. At the Olympic games in 1920, the King of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell. The assembled athletes agreed on KU's Rock Chalk and rendered it for His Majesty.

Teddy. Fucking. Roosevelt.

Hmm. Thanks.

Interesting.

I just got back from an excellent NIT game here in Richmond between Alabama-Birmingham who nearly beat Memphis this year and VCU, last year's NCAA Duke killers. UAB won 80-77 despite a fierce VCU comeback and a missed 3 at the buzzer that would've sent the game into overtime. Great crowd, high intensity game. A nice warm up for the big show. Kentucky's up at 2:30. That means I'll be taking off work, locking myself in my room with explicit instructions not too be disturbed, and turning off the phone. 100% focus. I'll be sending out some heavy vibes to my boys.