Probably Jeff, and not that this impacts the guitar playing, by November of 2002, Mike was already with the band.

I actually think it might be Leroy on Hesistating Beauty. If I remember correctly, Jeff played acoustic on this song and Bach played electric. The parts certainly sound more like Leroy's style, and by this point Jorgensen had keyboards with his rig. I seem to remember Leroy playing lead guitar on this song even in the Bennett days, as well.

--Mike

I actually think it might be Leroy on Hesistating Beauty. If I remember correctly, Jeff played acoustic on this song and Bach played electric. The parts certainly sound more like Leroy's style, and by this point Jorgensen had keyboards with his rig. I seem to remember Leroy playing lead guitar on this song even in the Bennett days, as well.

--Mike

that makes sense. i didn't realize mikael was around that early. i thought he came on more permanently in 04.

that makes sense. i didn't realize mikael was around that early. i thought he came on more permanently in 04.

he joined first played with them in 2002, but more in the background

Does Mikael play guitar at all?

yep. there was a recent show at the Hideout (was it?) where he did a show of his own

There's one show, I think it's the Summerfest 03 gig, where Mike plays guitar on I Got You. He started appearing with the band in the summer of 02, I believe. At first he just worked the laptop, but by the fall 2002 shows he was adding keyboards and by 2003 he was basically a full fledged member.

--Mike

yep. there was a recent show at the Hideout (was it?) where he did a show of his own

And his voice is golden, this man needs a mic, and a tune of his own with Wilco. This band has way too much talent to be wasted!

he joined first played with them in 2002, but more in the background

he did a couple shows at the Hideout, back in 2005. his band, Pronto was doing shows frequently in NYC and Brooklyn, late 2006 early 2007.

here're a couple pics:

mj2.jpg

mj1.jpg

pronto2.jpg

yes, he plays guitar and sings for his own band, Pronto. he also played guitar once during a wilco show, I believe it was Summfest 2003.

Do you know how to get any of their music?

only thing I know, is to listen to what they have streaming on myspace. you could probably use some kind of program to capture the streams, but since they have the downloading option turned off, they probably don't want people doing that.

yes, he plays guitar and sings for his own band, Pronto. he also played guitar once during a wilco show, I believe it was Summfest 2003.

Wow! I love the tracks!

Yeah, hopefully wilco gets him into singing more, and or, Pronto tours in Wisconsin sometiome soon.

Thanks Larry :yes

here's a little discussion about the show he did @ the hideout, back in November 2005.

http://archive.viachicago.org/index.php?sh...c=18196&hl=

it's not much, but since we're talking about him, I figured I'd dig this up.

I don't think I knew about that show.

I do wish the Wilco site would promote solo projects, and yeah, there is *nothing* stupid about the Hideout.

I don't think I knew about that show.

I do wish the Wilco site would promote solo projects, and yeah, there is *nothing* stupid about the Hideout.

it was a good one, quick though. I remember seeing LeRoy there, and I was hoping he'd join Mike for a song, but it never happened. Mike played one more show at the hideout, this time with a band, I think they opened for Devin Davis.

chiming in a bit late here, and hummingbird might have more information than i do, but mikael did just finish a cd of his solo project (Pronto). and i must say it is really really great! very different from what you would expect. i've got it on regular rotation right now and love it. i'm not quite sure how the album is going to be released, distributed, etc.

there indeed is a wealth of talent in that group we all know and love as wilco.

chiming in a bit late here, and hummingbird might have more information than i do, but mikael did just finish a cd of his solo project (Pronto). and i must say it is really really great! very different from what you would expect. i've got it on regular rotation right now and love it. i'm not quite sure how the album is going to be released, distributed, etc.

there indeed is a wealth of talent in that group we all know and love as wilco.

damn, you got a copy? :dontgetit