You know you're obsessed with all things Wilco if...

1. Your handle on every board you frequent is cleverly related to Wilco.

2. You compulsively check out Via Chicago for new news.

3. You know that Spencer really did ad-lib the "It will help you rock efficiently" line in the Quaker Oats commercial.

4. Your computer contains a separate file for Wilco photos.

5. You shelled out $9 just to buy A new Wilco song from the Heroes Soundtrack.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. you wake up in the morning and for a minute believe you ARE jeff tweedy.

you're walking to your car humming a wilco song, then look down and realize you're wearing a wilco shirt, wilco sweatshirt, wilco hat and wilco scarf on the same day without noticing it. then you find your car because it's the black one with the big wilco bumper sticker. then you grab your car key from your pocket from the wilco 'a ghost is born tour 2005' lanyard it's attached to and start your car only to have wilco come blaring out the stereo. all while feeling only a little bit silly. true story, happens all the time.

:ninja

dude...your avatar just SLAYS me...where is it from?

you're walking to your car humming a wilco song, then look down and realize you're wearing a wilco shirt, wilco sweatshirt, wilco hat and wilco scarf on the same day without noticing it. then you find your car because it's the black one with the big wilco bumper sticker. then you grab your car key from your pocket from the wilco 'a ghost is born tour 2005' lanyard it's attached to and start your car only to have wilco come blaring out the stereo. all while feeling only a little bit silly. true story, happens all the time.

I love you. That's great. I also have that lanyard...I'm a teacher and use that for my keys, while I carry my clipboard which is covered in kexp stickers, on top of which I have Wilco stickers and a few Pearl Jam stickers. My students joke that I have Wilco gagged and bound in my trunk. If only..."You'll play Via Chicago and LIKE it."

Forgot one

17. When you hear 'Walken' and can picture Pat's facial expressions and his arm movements including the infamous windmills and you can't help but laughing as well as singing along and wishing you could play the song so you too could do the windmills!

You start calling the lanky, sort of blond-colored cat in your neighborhood Nels Cline. Before long, he actually comes out of the bushes when you call "Nellllllllls!"

I also think I moved past love into obsession when I bought tickets for the St. Louis shows without even pausing to realize that I live 14 hours from St. Louis.

When you considered applying to the University of Chicago solely because you would be able to see Wilco all the time.

and i guess i tangent off that one

When you always jealous of people who live in Chicago.