You know you're obsessed with all things Wilco if...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get excited when you discover Philip Seymour Hoffman would be great to play Jay Bennett in a Wilco movie and then become giddy as you realize Dana Carvey could totally become Pat Sansone.

Now, who to get to play Jeff................?

PSH to play Bennett -- that's brilliant. Unfortunately for Wilco to get a movie made about them it would probably require some tragic drama to occur in the future. But for fun, I'm thinking Sean Penn for Jeff -- he can play anybody and he's short and slightly stocky.

Working out vanity plate ideas based on Wilco songs while on business calls.

i've got an entire list. every possible scenario one could come up with. that's what 7 hours in a car on day three of following wilco around produces...oh wait, yeah guess that means i'm obsessed with all things wilco...oh wait everyone knew that already though. :)

how about, if you take vacation and all your colleagues ask where you are traveling to this time to see Wilco. (has that been mentioned already, it happened to me this week).

• 1 year later...

- when you drive 9 hours one way through 4 states to see Wilco and almost hit a gigantic wild turkey the size of a sasquatch somewhere in the dark heart of West Virginia

- when the Via Chicago site is minimized on your desktop at work and checked every 30 seconds just to see if anyone has reacted to your inane comment that Wilco and Hootie and the Blowfish have a lot in common (or is that a collection of separate issues?)

- committing as much time, energy, research to getting good Wilco tickets as your "normal" coworkers commit to Fantasy Football leagues

- culminating that time, energy, and research into scoring Front Row tickets and then realizing that you have bought 8 tickets just to get 2 and then having to dump the others for a loss - BUT IT IS STILL WORTH IT

- buy those 2 last tickets, at work, while in a training meeting, when you are supposed to be the "subject matter expert" at the meeting

- when it is your turn to write the icebreaker for the company teambuilding event, ask everyone to tell the group what their favorite rockband is just so you can tell them all about Wilco

- at Easter- force your niece and nephews and younger sister to listen to your personal rendition of the Wilco history - including listening to multiple songs from every album

- when your wife calls you to tell you she just got laid off, make sure that the first thing you tell her is that "Wilco will love you Baby"

when you rather sing wilco instead of getting laid (my thursday night)

If I got laid every once and awhile I probably wond not be so obssessed with Wilco

I've done some many of these things: mutiple copies of albums - check; being late to meetings cos I'm ordering tickets - check: buying tickets for 3x as much for better seat, than selling the first for the original price and losing like $200 in the process - check and check; standing in the rain for three hours outside the tour bus - check; satongin in the hot sun for tthree hours before the doors open - check; working Wilco into all those inane team building activities at work - check; decked out in Wilco apparel from head to toe - check; jealous of Chicago citizens - check.

Don't know if I saw this one -- running across the parking lot of the Wexner Center at Ohio State -- in the rain and while wearing heels -- to catch Jeff before he entered the building, telling him that I'm from Jersey, but was in Cincinatti for a meeting, and had to drive up to Columbus to see "ma boyz" --and giving him a wool hat cos he's had the other one for years. And enduring that "Omigodthisone's CRAZY" look in his eyes.

Then there's setting my Ipod alarm clock to wake up to a Wilco song every morning -- usually something nice and calm, like Either Way or In a Futue Age. (Although Myrna Loy by the Minus Five is good, too.)

And doing all this while pushing 40 and holding down a rather important management position in a leading financial services company (not one of the bad ones).

CRAZY! At least Wilco loves me, baby ...

Well, although, we've talked many times...I haven't officially met him yet. But the last time, I was sorta like "this is old hat now".

Wow...I just saw that I wrote this last year. "Old hat"...my @ss!!! Once, I officially met Tweedy (pic, autograph and all) I did nothing but bawl during my entire ride home and during any live disc I listened to for at LEAST TWO WEEKS!!!

But to continue...

...keep VC up all day long even when company is here.

...wear my many Wilco shirts every day that I don't work (and even on same days that I do).

...wear my Wilco sweatshirt EVERYDAY!!! (My Mom HATES it. Yes, I'm 38...lol)

...go to see Wilco four times in one week (not during a Residency) in three states.

...talk about Wilco/Tweedy so much to people who don't even know who they/he are that people think we're best buds...hahaHA

- when the Via Chicago site is minimized on your desktop at work and checked every 30 seconds just to see if anyone has reacted to your inane comment that Wilco and Hootie and the Blowfish have a lot in common (or is that a collection of separate issues?)

Did you see I got burned by that fine that post good sir? I didn't remember that it was in the inane comment thread and cited it in something else. Anyway good choices all around.

--Mike

When your seeing Wilco in Oslo, Gothenberg, and Helsinki. But you live in Melbourne. Yeah, thats my August.

woah, you mean the Melbourne in Australia?. good luck!. Jeff 'told me off' for going to Sydney to see them :)

May have to stick on a blonde wig and pretend "I'm Inga from Sveden". Actually maybe a different wig at each show would stop the restraining order that may occur. Why did Jeff tell you off for going to Sydney? Its only a thousand kms....

I've loved Wilco for some time, but only recently have become incredibly and inexplicably obsessed. I'm enjoying this thread so much-you guys are AWESOME

Which brings me to.....#453. You've considered starting up a dating website....wilcomatch.com. (Only partially joking there...it's not necessarily a requirement for me, but it would be nice to share something that is such a big part of my life.)

this is a better idea than you think... I wouldn't feel so weird swooning if I had someone else on the same page :dancing

If you blast Wilco from your car hoping it will show up in Heard while out and about.

If you leave Wilco playing on your stereo when you leave just so you have something good to listen to immediately upon entering your dwelling

are you spying on me?

My Top 5 Reasons That I Am Obsessed with Wilco:

5. My two year old knows 80% to the lyrics of Monday. Although instead of singing "Monday, I'm all high" he croons, "Monday, aloha".

4. My five year old prefers the live version of Walken and Kingpin, but the studio versions of Impossible Germany and I'm Always in Love.

3. In the past three years I have attended Jeff's solo show at The Tabernacle in Atlanta, and Wilco shows in Charleston, Asheville, Charlottesville, and Baltimore. I live in Virginia Beach.

2. I have spent an inappropriate amount of money on custom framing numerous Wilco tour posters.

1. I asked my girlfriend, also a huge Wilco fan, to marry me at the 4/21 Asheville show.

Which brings me to.....#453. You've considered starting up a dating website....wilcomatch.com.

Not a bad idea at all! :D