2/3s of R.E.M. comes out!

I dunno if it's from reading too much about accelerate, looking at the 9 web sites they have for the album or now the cross-sell shit of having Time-Warner post stupid stuff like the above.

I'm sick of it and the cds not even out.

I dunno if it's from reading too much about accelerate, looking at the 9 web sites they have for the album or now the cross-sell shit of having Time-Warner post stupid stuff like the above.

I'm sick of it and the cds not even out.

See, I haven't read anything about "Accelerate" yet, or looked at any of the nine web sites for the album, so perhaps it's easier for me to see this little publicity stunt as a fun little jab at the media that's spends so much time and energy speculating over things that really don't matter, like who people sleep with.

Maybe it's time to step away from the publicity machine if it's ruining the musical experience.

Hasn't Michael Stipe come out 15 times already? I don't think that counts as coming out when he's just repeating something that he's said many times before.

almost as silly as someone commenting on a video clip he/she hasn't seen

See, I haven't read anything about "Accelerate" yet, or looked at any of the nine web sites for the album, so perhaps it's easier for me to see this little publicity stunt as a fun little jab at the media that's spends so much time and energy speculating over things that really don't matter, like who people sleep with.

Maybe it's time to step away from the publicity machine if it's ruining the musical experience.

You're probably right.

My impression of accelerate is that it's a warmed over but still tepid Monster sound alike. If something grabbed me the way Feeling Gravity's Pull, Wolves Lower, or even Frequency Kenneth did I guess I would not be as cynical about the promotion.

But I did find an old 'zine circa 1985 that I wrote for::

a-nerve_rem.jpg

I used to love that band.