Well, they did say that they promised to make it up to us for the Charleston reschedule. Maybe one of these new shows will be in close proximity to Charleston. Asheville? Greenville? or Charlotte even? If so, they will be forgiven in my book.. We'll see..

I would love to see them in Asheville

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see them in Asheville

Asheville would be great. I love that town. A fine beer city. Did you see them in Asheville back in October of 2005? That was truly one of the best Wilco shows that I have seen.

Asheville would be great. I love that town. A fine beer city. Did you see them in Asheville back in October of 2005? That was truly one of the best Wilco shows that I have seen.

Funny, that was one of the worst Wilco shows I've been to. Had alot to do with the crowd around me.

Funny, that was one of the worst Wilco shows I've been to. Had alot to do with the crowd around me.

That is such bullshit, how the idiots near you can ruin a concert. Have you heard the show since then? It may sound like a better show sans boorish neighbors. If not and you'd like a copy, PM me.

That is such bullshit, how the idiots near you can ruin a concert. Have you heard the show since then? It may sound like a better show sans boorish neighbors. If not and you'd like a copy, PM me.

Well alot of it had to do with the fact that I had seats on John's side of the stage and I usually get tix in front of Jeff or Nels. Before the show I had a clear view of the stage and as soon as the lights went out and the band came on stage, all these people rushed into the aisles and I could no longer see. Was like that for the entire show. At least at the Charlotte show, security made people stay out of the aisles.

At least at the Charlotte show, security made people stay out of the aisles.

Yeah for the most part. Except for the last couple of songs, I had a crowd of dancing hippies in front of me. I was on the second row stage right, and during the encore, security didn't care anymore.. That kind of annoyed me a little, but I didn't care too much because I was high on Wilco (and had a few beers by that point)..

At least at the Charlotte show, security made people stay out of the aisles.

I can name some shows I attended where Tweedy encouraged people to fill the aisles and/or come to the front! Of course that was always mid-show or later ...

I can name some shows I attended where Tweedy encouraged people to fill the aisles and/or come to the front! Of course that was always mid-show or later ...

I've heard him tell people to come down front, too but it's pretty dangerous for people to clog the aisles. Not to mention all the people who tried to crowd their way into my seat/standing area/personal space. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon but unless it's the pit or a general admission show, I'd prefer people to stay in the seat they paid for.

I've heard him tell people to come down front, too but it's pretty dangerous for people to clog the aisles. Not to mention all the people who tried to crowd their way into my seat/standing area/personal space. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon but unless it's the pit or a general admission show, I'd prefer people to stay in the seat they paid for.

True. I can't say that i actually heard him say, "Fill the aisles", only to come down front. The truth is that that is an invitation for people in the back to scramble forward for a better spot and they are going to fill the aisles. I agree that clogged aisles are unsafe. I too get annoyed when people violate my personal space, even at a GA show if it's avoidable.

Me too! Easy. All 3 shows!!

Wilco is sooo over.

What does this mean and why did you choose my post to say it to?

Awww :ohwell I was supposed to be right there with you, too . . . we would have had fun! One of these days!!

• 2 weeks later...
I think the official lineup for Lollapalooza is supposed to be announced next week. Maybe they're waiting for that? I'm still hoping they'll add a few more shows between the Charleston make-up date and that festival in San Francisco.

Has anyone heard if they are going to have more shows between these two dates???

August 8th - Cary, NC - KOKA BOOTH AMPHITHEATRE

That definitely looks like an interesting venue.. Hmm.. Charleston one night, NC the next.. Very tempting... Definitely have to discuss this with my wife..

Thinking of attending Watch Me Fall?

August 8th - Cary, NC - KOKA BOOTH AMPHITHEATRE

That definitely looks like an interesting venue.. Hmm.. Charleston one night, NC the next.. Very tempting... Definitely have to discuss this with my wife..

Thinking of attending Watch Me Fall?

I would so be in NC! however it's right in the dates I can't take off. :ohwell :realmad :ermm

I can't do Charleston, can't do NC... I feel like crying :(

Do you guys think that there could be any hidden agenda behind all the smaller venues? I mean, maybe it's just because those things are way fun, but could they be filming more, or road testing new songs? Probably not, but you know, we always crave news around here.

That was the first thing that occurred to me as well. Hopefully, they will be road-testing new songs. I'm ready to see what this line-up will do next now that they have gotten the "just having fun being a band" album out of the way and can now return to making more conceptually unified albums with a little more focus on the songs than on the interplay and dynamics of the band (fingers crossed).