Wilco in Alaska!!

WILCO

Saturday, July 26 at 7 PM

Big Outdoor Show in the Moose's Tooth Parking Lot

General Admission $35 - All Ages Show

Tickets on sale starting Tuesday April 8 at 12 noon at the Bear Tooth box office or online

They are also playing in Fairbanks on the 25th i think!!

Maybe JT will play solo down in Girdwood!!!

:)

i've always wanted to go to Alaska! not that i'll be going just to see Wilco there...but i will go one day...

-justin

Let us know if you find the magic bus, but don't eat the wild potato seeds.

This would be the coolest trip. Isn't it daylight nearly all day at that time there?

rwrkb is from there. He needs to know about this.

:)

Let us know if you find the magic bus, but don't eat the wild potato seeds.

I just watched "Into the Wild" - great movie. Anyone going to Alaska should watch. :shifty Even if you're not going to rough it in the wilderness.

I was just in Alaska this past summer! Too bad they didn't play when I was there! Alaska though is freakin beautiful! Everyone should go once in their lifetime. The scenery right outside of Anchorage is some of the most beautiful sights I have seen in all my travels. If anyone goes I recommend driving to Seward from Anchorage. If time permits I also suggest to those who will go from Anchorage to Fairbanks to go the eastern route through Delta Junction to Fairbanks. I did the whole loop and this way was a lot more interesting although it was about 80 miles longer. You can drive really fast as there are barley any cars on this route. I may have saw 30 cars once I passed Palmer all the way to Fairbanks and that is about a 400 mile distance! :thumbup

I went in August last year when the sun did not set til 1030 PM or so! Freaky!

ahhh yes, that's when i began to fall in love with john corbett.
I think my penchant for short-haired women was born from Janine Turner's character Maggie.

I'm glad Wilco is making the trip up there... God knows that few bands do. I have a friend that just recently moved back to NC after being in Alaska for about 5 years after a nasty break-up with her boyfriend (my old roommate.) She's told me that she and her friends pretty much had to entertain themselves. Karaoke and alcohol were her two favorite pastimes. The closest movie theatre to where she lived in Tok was something like over 200 miles away.

Kevin

I lived there for nine years so allow me to bore you.

For those of you thinking of going this will be one of Wilco's most unique shows. If I wasn't on vacation in Spain I would be there. How dare they do this before clearing it with me? I literally have old Moose's Tooth posters on the wall next to the desk I am writing on.

Firstly, the location. Moose's Tooth is brewpub and first class pizzeria:

http://www.moosestooth.net/

They redid the building and parking lot in the last couple of years but's I can't imagine the capacity will be beyond 1000 - 1200. Moose's Tooth serve great beer and great pizza. For those of you from whom this might be an issue the crowd may be more drunk and stoned than you are accustomed to. Moose's Tooth put on these events monthly in the summer and as befits a venue that serves great (strong) beer plently of people get wasted. It's located right in the middle of Anchorage.

For those of you have seen "Into The Wild" I hate to disappoint you but Anchorage is a minor metropolis of 250K people plus. That said you can see bears, moose and lot of other wild things in the hinterlands of town. It's a beautiful location nestled below the Chugach Mountains and next to Turnagain Arm (big body of water).

The biggest issue at that time of year is the cost of accommodation. Because of the amount of tourist activity at that time of year expect to pay anywhere from $100 - $200 for a motel room. Try and book early. Another idea might be to stay in Eagle River which is approximately a 20 minute drive from the centre of Anchorage. There are also campsites. There is a big one at Centennial Park in the Eastern part of town.

Car rental is also pricey in Alaska in the summer. This is harder to get around especially if you are picking up a car one place and leaving it in another.

As someone else stated the drive from Fairbanks to Anchorage is somewhere between 7 - 10 hours and nothing less than absolutely spectacular.

Airfares come down in the summer as more carriers have routes there in tourist season. Though many of the cheapest flights out of Anchorage leave in the wee hours of the morning.

For those of you who have time you can see a lot in Alaska in the space of 3 - 7 days. The abundant light (it won't get properly dark until 2 in the morning) helps. The temps in Fairbanks can easily be in the nineties in July. expect low sixties to high seventies for Anchorage. Usually July is a nice, warm and sunny month.

If anyone is seriously thinking of going please don't hesitate to fire any questions you might have my way. I need to live vicarioulsy through some for these gigs:)

I lived there for nine years so allow me to bore you.

If anyone is seriously thinking of going please don't hesitate to fire any questions you might have my way. I need to live vicarioulsy through some for these gigs:)

Can i sleep on your porch? :stunned

I am just finishing up season 4 of Northern Exposure. Season 5 begins next week.

I too have a crush on Dr. Fleischman. :wub And since my name was this close to being Margaret Mary (My grandmother's name. Mother's name is Mary Margaret), I have a special affinity to Maggie's character.

Oh and Adam Arkin's character has got to be the best ever.

Man, I love that show.

I am just finishing up season 4 of Northern Exposure. Season 5 begins next week.

I too have a crush on Dr. Fleischman. :wub And since my name was this close to being Margaret Mary (My grandmother's name. Mother's name is Mary Margaret), I have a special affinity to Maggie's character.

Oh and Adam Arkin's character has got to be the best ever.

Man, I love that show.

She is writing books now.

I would like to own the DVDs - but, they are expensive. Although, looks like they have came down in price. I have not seen the show since in was on in reruns on A&E several years ago. I will put in a plug for Due South while we are it.

Maybe Wilco will play the song Stephanie Says when they play there.

She is writing books now.

I would like to own the DVDs - but, they are expensive. Although, looks like they have came down in price. I have not seen the show since in was on in reruns on A&E several years ago. I will put in a plug for Due South while we are it.

Maybe Wilco will play the song Stephanie Says when they play there.

Oh, nice for Janine!

The entire series was available from Costco at Christmastime for $130. I decided to borrow it from my library instead. Watching that way has worked out really well.

Oh, nice for Janine!

The entire series was available from Costco at Christmastime for $130. I decided to borrow it from my library instead. Watching that way has worked out really well.

Oh, I would have bought that.