Wilco lines you can't stand hearing

If anyone would be an "expert" on the topic, I would think he'd qualify. And you tell him that he is wrong?

So if somebody doesn't like a phrase Jeff has written, then that person is wrong to feel that way. Is that what you're implying?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if somebody doesn't like a phrase Jeff has written, then that person is wrong to feel that way. Is that what you're implying?

The whole "nobody is wrong" thing is my bit. Get off my style, dogg.

I rrreally like how Jeff makes them sound :cheers

i'm certainly with you there. there's only one little line in his entire songwriting career that i'm not crazy about -- but even if there were a hundred (no way possible, but just imagining), his is THE most interesting, dynamic, riveting, poignant, imperfectly beautiful voice i've ever heard. he could sing "ring around the rosie" and make me love it, but fortunately his lyrical and musical poetry live up to his voice.

Not at all. Diff'rent Strokes.

Specifically, the song What Light is about artistic license. Say what you want to say, paint what you want to paint ..... don't care about what anybody thinks since it makes no difference what anybody thinks.

It's like he wrote a song that was almost free from criticism because of it's theme (which I understand that it would be ridiculous, to be free from criticism). And then someone says it sucks.

That's the definition of irony.

P.S. I am also a "nobody is wrong" kind of person.

I've never regarded the phrase "American aquarium drinker" as relating to drinking alcohol. I think it's a comment on the US's role in/impact on the world.

Sweet Fancy Moses...I hope Jeff isn't that eliptical and pompous.