Now Playing: April, 2008

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

109front.jpg

Watching the "Let It Be" movie last night inspired me to pull this one out today.

VampireWeekendCD2.jpg

The African pop sure puts a pretty heavy focus on the lead vocal, whose voice is indistinguishable in a sea of pop.

I don't see why the praise is here.

However, +1 for Walcott.

i haven't been able to get into those guys either. i mean, they're fun, but i don't see what the big deal is.

I picked up the new Sub Pop sampler at Record Store Day yesterday, and I have to say the title track of the new Blitzen Trapper album (Furr) is stunning. If you like the Kinks, Cat Stevens or Wes Anderson movies, you will love the shit out of this song.

i haven't been able to get into those guys either. i mean, they're fun, but i don't see what the big deal is.

that's just it, there is no big deal... either you like it and find it a very fun and somewhat sunny pop album or you don't. there's not really anything to "get" with Vampire Weekend in my experience.

that's just it, there is no big deal... either you like it and find it a very fun and somewhat sunny pop album or you don't. there's not really anything to "get" with Vampire Weekend in my experience.

I fall into the former category, and I am very excited to be seeing them in Miami on June 9 and then at Bonnaroo a few days later.

I fall into the former category, and I am very excited to be seeing them in Miami on June 9 and then at Bonnaroo a few days later.

my experience with VW live... i've seen them 3x now, twice at SXSW, and here in Mpls. one was quite average, one was above average, and the other was fantastic. as long as the crowd is super into their set and knows the songs/words well, you'll probably get a good show.

they're far from an amazing live band, but they are all very talented musicians especially considering their ages. and Ezra's voice live is way better than on record even.

MMJ- Evil Urges

Jim James is still the singer of this band right?

nah, i'm pretty sure he has a new band called Fleet Foxes, not sure who this imposter on Evil Urges is... :lol