Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who are the females giving him hell at the start? I have not listened to Jeff's music for a long time, or so it seems that way - anyhow.

All of you Spider (Kidsmoke) haters - be sure to check out this version - you may change your mind.

Who are the females giving him hell at the start? I have not listened to Jeff's music for a long time, or so it seems that way - anyhow.

Which part?

The very beginning. He's busting on people for posting here so much - hilarious. And someone (a woman) is busting on him.

That would be his wife. :)

Yeah, he feigned taking a blow to the heart when she was "busting" on him. You can empathize, then.

Sounds like it was a nice time - glad everyone enjoyed the show. I think this is the first one I have ever listened to - I just uploaded it to Team Loper - so he will have it up there for people to snag eventually. Also - this show is now being seeded on dime a dozen.

I downloaded this session and it's simply amazing. As a new born Wilcomaniac could someone explain this show to me? Is this an annual event that Tweedy does for charity or something?

Thanks.

Paul

Here is the info from earlier in this thread on all of the past shows. These shows are the result of an auction for the Chicago charity Letters to Santa, which the Tweedys have been generous enough to participate in for five or six years now. For the past four years, a private show has been the main item up for bids.

Because this comes up a lot, I'm going to just start posting this list in every thread. :P

1/29/05

1/14/06

4/8/06

(there was one more in 2006, wasn't there? I can't find the thread...)

2/17/07

2/24/07

3/3/07

1/12/08

And here's the sad story on the lost thread for that third 2006 show (which I took some time to figure out the last time I went looking for these):

The archives cut off in December 2005, and the stuff saved here seems to start up again in April 2006. So the 1/14 show from that year is still there, because somebody posted in that thread again in April, but anything that existed just between 12/7/05 and 4/7/06 is gone. :ohwell

Here's the link to the setlist on wilcobase, though.

sorry, but is there any way to get this show besides trading for it? like on the owl and the bear or something? that setlist looks awesome

Sounds like it was a nice time - glad everyone enjoyed the show. I think this is the first one I have ever listened to - I just uploaded it to Team Loper - so he will have it up there for people to snag eventually. Also - this show is now being seeded on dime a dozen.

It's available in two places on BT, and "Team Loper" is the Owl site, so if you can't BT, check back there.

Not yet though - I get all the new shows right away, and upload them to The Owl and The Bear - but they are not going to be up for people to get right away.

Oh, and thanks for what you did, Eleanor Zissou.